• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

President May be in Trouble

Any herpers who follow the news about giant pythons and lost snakes and other mainstream news about reptiles should KNOW better than to believe anything the media says about ANYTHING, lol!

Anytime I see anything reported in the news, or on supposedly "true" shows that I KNOW is wrong, makes me question anything I EVER hear or see from the same source about ANY subject in the future.

Actually Kathy, I was ALWAYS leery of anything the media said. I have always believed that the media elected Obama, not the people. But it was only last month when my FIL passed away and we all gathered together that I found out that this person in the media does not watch the news. I was really shocked by that, I had no idea!!

I just watched the video of what romney said. I didnt read about it or take it second hand. I just watched the video. I feel pretty offended that you see me as ignorant enough to "gobble down everything the media spoon feeds me" I dont ignore the news, but I don't take it without caution. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that what was in that video was not particularly friend making on romney's part.

I work in the entertainment industry and I know what marketing is all about, you see the classic signs of pitches from both sides with pretty blatant twists on things. I don't think attacking people helps your argument either :/

Yes, you saw the video. The edited by the media video.
The media only shows you what they want you to see.
And won't show you what they don't want you to see.
Remember that.

I have never been in the military. But I can only imagine that it must have taken a lot of planning, and the decision making must have been extremely stressful. There was a lot of bad fallout from our "allies" in Pakistan even when we were successful. Consider the impact if bin Laden wasn't there when our forces arrived, or if a bunch of local civilians had gotten killed. It had to have been a difficult decision to weigh all of the facts as known, and the probability of success or bad consequences, and then to give the go - ahead.

The REAL heroes were the SEALS, of course. This is not to take away anything from them. But as much as I am not an Obama fan, I believe it is only fair to give him some due for his part in this, too.

I have never been in the military. But I can only imagine that it must have taken a lot of planning, and the decision making must have been extremely stressful. There was a lot of bad fallout from our "allies" in Pakistan even when we were successful. Consider the impact if bin Laden wasn't there when our forces arrived, or if a bunch of local civilians had gotten killed. It had to have been a difficult decision to weigh all of the facts as known, and the probability of success or bad consequences, and then to give the go - ahead.

The REAL heroes were the SEALS, of course. This is not to take away anything from them. But as much as I am not an Obama fan, I believe it is only fair to give him some due for his part in this, too.

Of course! I def agree that the people actually on the spot risking their lives are the seals. Just like cops, firefighters, ect.

As a side note I totally forgot! It also doens't take the media to make me not vote for someone who uses "god" as a deciding factor in their decision making. :p

Just to play devil's advocate here, there are some people who condemn Bin Laden's killing on the grounds that he was unarmed and put to death without a fair trial. That what happened was a war crime.

"I think anyone who actively tries to repeal roe v wade doesnt need the media for me to not vote for them :p "

That is a real negative to me, too. But each candidate has some serious negative stances to me. My only decision is to vote for the one with the least number of negatives, or to choose to vote my conscience and make a "statement" for the candidate who can't win - Libertarian.

"I think anyone who actively tries to repeal roe v wade doesnt need the media for me to not vote for them :p "

That is a real negative to me, too. But each candidate has some serious negative stances to me. My only decision is to vote for the one with the least number of negatives, or to choose to vote my conscience and make a "statement" for the candidate who can't win - Libertarian.

I know your pain!

hehe... its going to be a while for the green party :p hah! And yeah it comes down to the lesser of two? harumph!

"Just to play devil's advocate here, there are some people who condemn Bin Laden's killing on the grounds that he was unarmed and put to death without a fair trial. That what happened was a war crime."

I don't remember all of the details now. But didn't the SEAL say that they wanted to capture him, but he threatened them, or wasn't able to be captured? We will never know what happened there for sure. But I think the world is better off without him. If he would have been captured, he probably would have been a rallying point for extremists to create terror in his name, to demand his release.

The thing is, Kathy... given 9/11 I think and am sure that ANYONE who was President that day would have made the decision to go ahead and take him out. RWR, GWB, BHO, WJC, Mickey Mouse, Marvin the Martian - would have all given the "green light"... well, Marvin would have used his Ray-Gun...

Of course! I def agree that the people actually on the spot risking their lives are the seals. Just like cops, firefighters, ect.

As a side note I totally forgot! It also doens't take the media to make me not vote for someone who uses "god" as a deciding factor in their decision making. :p

Maybe not, But the media CAN and DOES have the ability to make someone appear any way they want them to appear. With careful editing they can make a reasonable person appear insane, and an intelligent person appear challenged.

Not to mention that while pro choice is a wonderful stance to have, to base your vote on issue alone, while ignoring unemployment, social security, medicare, defense spending, foreclosures, the rising debt, inflation, and the huge trainwreck coming our way is pretty darn short sighted.

"Just to play devil's advocate here, there are some people who condemn Bin Laden's killing on the grounds that he was unarmed and put to death without a fair trial. That what happened was a war crime."

I don't remember all of the details now. But didn't the SEAL say that they wanted to capture him, but he threatened them, or wasn't able to be captured? We will never know what happened there for sure. But I think the world is better off without him. If he would have been captured, he probably would have been a rallying point for extremists to create terror in his name, to demand his release.

Oh, I think so too!! But I have heard a few valid points from the other side as well. But it is done, and world is better off.

The thing is, Kathy... given 9/11 I think and am sure that ANYONE who was President that day would have made the decision to go ahead and take him out. RWR, GWB, BHO, WJC, Mickey Mouse, Marvin the Martian - would have all given the "green light"... well, Marvin would have used his Ray-Gun...

OMG...you are awesome!! :)

Not to mention that while pro choice is a wonderful stance to have, to base your vote on issue alone, while ignoring unemployment, social security, medicare, defense spending, foreclosures, the rising debt, inflation, and the huge trainwreck coming our way is pretty darn short sighted.

Only if you disagree with their stance on a good number of those as well :p

heh

Again maybe im biased too, but I dont work in a particularly stable industry, but I dunno... hmm!

Only if you disagree with their stance on a good number of those as well :p

heh

Again maybe im biased too, but I dont work in a particularly stable industry, but I dunno... hmm!

While I am actually voting for who I want as President this time around (not either of the 2 squirrels running either) all I can say is, if you LIKE how things are now, and want more of the same, vote accordingly. I personally don't care anymore. I think Obama's policies have been an utter disaster, but I am not confident that Romney can stop the trainwreck from happening either. I am quite confident that things are going to go very very bad very very fast no matter who gets in and when it does I would prefer Obama take the fall for it.

Edited to add, if things are a fraction as bad as I think they are going to be, Roe v Wade will seem insignificant in comparison.

"The thing is, Kathy... given 9/11 I think and am sure that ANYONE who was President that day would have made the decision to go ahead and take him out. RWR, GWB, BHO, WJC, Mickey Mouse, Marvin the Martian - would have all given the "green light"... well, Marvin would have used his Ray-Gun..."

VERY TRUE! As long as they were pretty darn sure they would be successful! But what if they weren't? What if there were "complications". The President has to confident that his advisers know what they are doing, and has to weigh it all. An unsuccessful mission with complications would have been worse than not doing it at all.

"As a side note I totally forgot! It also doens't take the media to make me not vote for someone who uses "god" as a deciding factor in their decision making. :p"

YES! That fact, and the morality related, freedom reducing, decisions that it causes him to make, is my main reason for concern about Romney as President.

"Not to mention that while pro choice is a wonderful stance to have, to base your vote on issue alone, while ignoring unemployment, social security, medicare, defense spending, foreclosures, the rising debt, inflation, and the huge trainwreck coming our way is pretty darn short sighted."

YES! And how he will handle THOSE issues is my main reason for concern about Obama for another 4 years.

No good voting decision is possible this year - IMHO!

"Edited to add, if things are a fraction as bad as I think they are going to be, Roe v Wade will seem insignificant in comparison."

I am SO afraid that you are going to be SO right! I saw a graph that compared us to Greece, and it is really scary!

The last couple of years we have been trying to downsize and prepare ourselves the best we can for what could be some extremely difficult times ahead.

"The thing is, Kathy... given 9/11 I think and am sure that ANYONE who was President that day would have made the decision to go ahead and take him out. RWR, GWB, BHO, WJC, Mickey Mouse, Marvin the Martian - would have all given the "green light"... well, Marvin would have used his Ray-Gun..."

VERY TRUE! As long as they were pretty darn sure they would be successful! But what if they weren't? What if there were "complications". The President has to confident that his advisers know what they are doing, and has to weigh it all. An unsuccessful mission with complications would have been worse than not doing it at all.

"As a side note I totally forgot! It also doens't take the media to make me not vote for someone who uses "god" as a deciding factor in their decision making. :p"

YES! That fact, and the morality related, freedom reducing, decisions that it causes him to make, is my main reason for concern about Romney as President.

"Not to mention that while pro choice is a wonderful stance to have, to base your vote on issue alone, while ignoring unemployment, social security, medicare, defense spending, foreclosures, the rising debt, inflation, and the huge trainwreck coming our way is pretty darn short sighted."

YES! And how he will handle THOSE issues is my main reason for concern about Obama for another 4 years.

No good voting decision is possible this year - IMHO!

YES,YES a thousand times YES!!!!!!!!
(Which is why I am voting my heart this time around. He won't get in, but I will have excercised the voting right my ancestors died for, and I won't feel like I have contributed to the downfall of this country).

"Edited to add, if things are a fraction as bad as I think they are going to be, Roe v Wade will seem insignificant in comparison."

I am SO afraid that you are going to be SO right! I saw a graph that compared us to Greece, and it is really scary!

The last couple of years we have been trying to downsize and prepare ourselves the best we can for what could be some extremely difficult times ahead.

My feelings are that things might start right after this election. But even if things don't, I am thinking as soon as 4-6 years from now the crash will be irreversable and we will be feeling the effects.

We have been doing the same for the last 10 years or so......

Edited to add, I hope I'm wrong. Sometimes being crazy is easier than reality. But I don't think I am.....

Back