• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2022 BrightHope pairings

oh wow so many interesting pairings! I love it. Back when I was in high school I had pages upon pages about potential offspring from imaginary pairings so I feel you on the fantasy football thing lol

Working with possible hets seems both exciting and stressful lol.

I haven't been in high school for a while even as a teacher, but I still have pages and pages of possible breeding choices. I saw this meme on another forum and literally laughed out loud. It's me, totally!
5febc7808b069f2e8cdf17ba453d05c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

When I showed that to my husband he was kind enough to say, after a thoughtful pause, "I don't think you always look like that. Sometimes, but not always. " I'm pretty sure he was just being nice. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Updates: Artephius is most definitely still fertile!! When I returned from a visit with family in Oklahoma, Princess Irene had laid 14 perfect eggs. She is het Diffusion, Amel, and Stripe, likely ph Caramel, plus a couple of other ph traits. With Esperanza's clutch, that makes 32 potential babies sired by Artephius, which makes me really happy.

Sunlight and Victory both had a prenatal shed with 24 hours of my return home. Hope to get more healthy eggs soon. Thanks for looking.
f6fb079a0bd476c2b4bf7a764e31f648.jpg

Lol I won't tell him. Artephius did have two pairings, but only two (Esperanza and Princess Irene). They just happened earlier than a couple of the others. Sunlight was paired with Odin, and Victory was paired with Rubik.

I don't know why my females synchronized their laying this year, but yesterday the final two expected clutches arrived. One dam was on Day 39, the other on Day 54. I didn't want to have bunches of babies needing to be set up at the same time but I guess Mother Nature had other plans, lol. I'm thankful that all of the females laid without incident.

Here's Sunlight with her clutch of 18 eggs sired by Odin. This should prove her as Citrine, or Xanthic Snow. She's het stripe so there should be Citrines, Citrine Stripes, Caramel Ghosts and Caramel Ghost Stripes. If she's actually Xanthic Snow there will also be Anery Caramels, Anery Caramel Stripes, Xanthic Snows and Xanthic Snow Stripes.
16b3fa5106ea9f3dfb23fa8b0b77a93c.jpg

The other clutch yesterday was from Victory, sired by Rubik. These 11 eggs look really fragile. One ruptured while she was laying. The rest have a lot of irregularities, starburst-type spots, and thin looking areas. They all candle with veins. They are all on the larger side. I'm not sure why this happened. Mom was getting a light dust of calcium and D3 every other feeding beginning about Christmas time, like all of my breeding females. I hope these make it!
93c3d3a0284bcb7e86131c6dfa88e6e9.jpg

This clutch should prove a lot of possible hets, and I have F2 plans for some... if the eggs make it to hatching.
3a9c73f8de9b4426810cae6669297827.jpg

Victory's eggs look a bit better after sitting overnight in the nest box. They're still not the most beautiful things. And they're big. Here's a comparative picture of yesterday's eggs. Sunlight's are in the moss. Victory's are in my hand beside Sunlight's eggs. They're so much larger, it looks like I'm holding them closer to the camera but I'm not.
f9b71bcd316c5755e450cbc9143ea2db.jpg

Two weeks into incubation, and Victory's strange looking eggs are mostly developing well. Their texture seems okay, if a bit odd in places. All but one (orange arrow) candle with beautiful, healthy veins. I'm not going to attempt to remove that one. It'll either develop or it won't, but I don't want to disrupt it's neighbors.

There are couple of small spots of mold (green arrows). I think they're from having sat in liquid during the laying process from the egg which broke during laying. I did my best to wipe away all the goop, but I didn't want to press too hard.

It's looking as though most are still viable. So far. [emoji1696]
90775d303f2a790d0c4f4218e4e7b994.jpg

Thanks, Frank. I have a light layer of moss over the whole bunch. The moldy spots don't seem to be spreading so far.

I've had an interesting month so far. I'll try and post about the stranger events tomorrow. Tonight I'll just share the good news that babies are pipping! The first to arrive is Tulip's clutch by Baldr. She was one of my original purchases from Kathy Love. He's third generation BrightHope, making these babies fourth generation on their father's side. I see five little noses now. Can't wait until morning!
717018342f61bb8e87a65992341c0bca.jpg

They started pipping on Day 62. It only seemed like forever, lol. I counted 10 eggs yet to pip as of about an hour ago. Several have emerged, then promptly disappeared into the moss.
0ec9047e9f40c0dbbb90d1dd949c9a31.jpg
4f6346373d728fa090dfb7829fa21e6b.jpg

Esperanza's clutch by Artephius is also pipping on Day 62, roughly 12 hours behind Tulip and Baldr's. I wondered if they'd hatch together. Two Caramel noses showing so far.
2d730db383e9518815764950574887fa.jpg

This is definitely the fun part of breeding corns ......pipping and hatching. The first of my nine clutches are due the second week of July and most of the rest the end of July.

Back