• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2021 breeding thread! zoe11032

zoe11032

My first ever breeding season!!...
Who will the daddy be? Well have to see once those little tiny babes come out! [emoji6][emoji3590]
Place your bets...
photo 1, cinder het amel male (visual locked 3 times)
photo 2, caramel motley male (visually locked once, but before cinder male)
Same female.
Who do y’all think? [emoji51]
I’ll update you guys once she lays. I’ve only ever bred bearded dragons, so this will be a first! They are all proven breeders in the past. Let me see your breeding plans and pics for this year!!

a2725095a08db5c393877974f9dc71c3.jpg

0e2c830727fa37c6b54aeabd678f6dcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first pairings! Have you figured out how you are going to know who the father is?

Congrats on your first pairings! Have you figured out how you are going to know who the father is?

Thanks! I guess when they hatch out we’ll just have to see based on morphs and coloration :) my bets on ash based on his younger age, but I could be wrong

Also... what does this mean after breeding? It’s happened after all of my locks
1fb4ca7f15cba1d05efe6c48ae722616.jpg

It's just part of the breeding process. The male usually leaves that behind. Not sure if it's ejaculate or something else, but it's normal.

It's just part of the breeding process. The male usually leaves that behind. Not sure if it's ejaculate or something else, but it's normal.

Thank you! Also another question, I have another female who I believe is laying soon. Is slowing down, and not leaving the lay box much at all means she’s closing in to time? She shed last Saturday. Sorry I’m new to this, I have lots of questions. I’ve just heard lots of people say restless and some say not. She’s much larger than last weekend already

Well, the scale spread is real. She was first paired on Feb 15. Still no pre lay shed. She drools at practically anything I’m eating nearby
8b8eeaa30c967d1c227ac0b225c50bcc.jpg

e8703e2a82602c2de9f93dad4929bddf.jpg

Thanks! I guess when they hatch out we’ll just have to see based on morphs and coloration :) my bets on ash based on his younger age, but I could be wrong

Does the Tessera have any hets?
If not, you won't know the genetics because all the babies will be normal (and normal Tessera's), with whichever hets they got from the sire(s).

Does the Tessera have any hets?
If not, you won't know the genetics because all the babies will be normal (and normal Tessera's), with whichever hets they got from the sire(s).

Yes she has hets. I’m not sure which ones though, I’ll let you know and look through my notes.

I felt 13+ eggs on her today when palpating. I have never palpated a snake before but I could definitely tell there’s marble sized lumps in her. She also looks pink on her belly scales so maybe shedding will come soon? Let me know what y’all think. She was paired first 2/15

If it helps you any I have a female that was paired on 2/8, 2/12, & 2/18 and she just turned blue yesterday.

That helps a lot! Thanks

Sometimes they deviate from the schedule but in theory my girl should be laying in about 3 weeks. I figure 7-10 days to shed then mine typically are 10-14 days after that to lay.

So when they are close to a pre-lay shed, do they go off food? Just some prior information for you. My female who I palpated 2 days ago and felt eggs in refused a meal for the first time ever today. I’ve owned her almost 3 years now, so this is shocking. She even eats in blue and has switch from live to frozen multiple times with no issues. Is this common? I tried giving it to her with tongs, then just laying it near her. She’s also really making that lay box her new home as well.. (first pairing was 2/15)
b90b8a93f79d434b8d2f196b90b4b96c.jpg

It is common for them to go off food. With the eggs taking up so much room they don't have much room left for meals.

Back