• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

For Jessicat - Mango/Zucchini has Shed!!!

solo1979

Lovin' me some snakes!
As promised, here are some pics of our girl. She definitely is a lighter stripe amel. In the last pic she sort of looks like she's not sure if she wants to be amel or butter.

She is growing like a weed and her kink isn't nearly as visible as it was a few weeks ago. Either she's outgrowing it or her body is forming around it. Either way, this girl is a gem and has one of the sweetest personalities!

6008292309_442f8205e5.jpg

6008292319_c2484b3d12.jpg

6008292329_758ea7e93c.jpg

And here is a pick of the other stripe amel female, Melon, that I picked up last weekend, just for comparison.

6008292289_a5b492cdd1.jpg

Thanks Tom! Are you taking one of the Copperhead clones? I have her brother, Cantaloupe, as well and need to post some pix of him. Pineapple was with me too but sadly she passed away this week. :(

Sweet! I'm glad that she's doing well for you and that she finally shed! Her siblings are catching up. I need to snap some photos of them.

I guess I didn't really think about it before, but she kind of takes after her dad in a Stripe form. She's got the light head and the orangey -not-quite-Butter- coloration about her that Copperhead has.

I think that it has a lot to do with the camera you're using as well. Mango didn't look anything even remotly like a Butter in any of the photos I took of her, and I don't think she could have changed that much in one shed. ;)

I think Amels het for Caramel tend to be on the more orange side. Fig is in shed right now and looking kinda dull, or I'd take a picture of her to compare. Man I should have taken at least one picture of the two of them together before Mango got shipped off to you!! Ah well..

I just can't get over how odd yet cool it is to see pictures of a snake that hatched out here for me, and know that it is halfway across the country with you!!
This is the first batch of snakes that
1) I made and someone else owns, and
2) are owned by someone in a different part of the country!

I think I'm going to have to get FedEx certified! By the way, huge shout out to Jen of Ghost House Corns for making this possible. Without your help these guys would still be living above and below their siblings on my fireplace.

Can't wait to see how my babies progress for you.

Thanks Tom! Are you taking one of the Copperhead clones? I have her brother, Cantaloupe, as well and need to post some pix of him. Pineapple was with me too but sadly she passed away this week. :(

I'm sorry to hear that! Sorry I haven't even looked at my PMs yet, I have a bad habit of looking around here first and then reading PMs later. When you told me that Pineapple had kinked herself during feeding I had a bad feeling that she was not going to make it. I know you did everything in your power to give her a fighting chance! I'm glad that in the end she was with someone who really cared for her and was willing to try to get her going. I'm a strong believer that some snakes just aren't meant to make it, and that they shouldn't be fussed with too much. There are so many corn snakes that DO need good homes, why stress yourself out and the snake (who's probably not living a very good quality of life anyway if it's being force fed) unnecessarily? At the same time I find it admirable that you were willing to do whatever it took for Pineapple. You are a kind hearted person.

After the expo I'll see what's left and perhaps we can figure something out. I guess I should look into getting FedEx certified now so that when/if the time comes I will be prepared. In the mean time I'm glad that the other two are doing well for you! In the end it turned out that Pineapple was the only baby who held out and never ate. Even though some of them were slow starters I think that's a pretty decent success rate!

Thanks Dana!

Jess, I didn't take these pix with a high quality camera. I've been using my droid for most pix but the camera is 8 megapixels so it's not awful either. I took the pic of melon with my phone too so there is a genuine difference. Maybe I could get Cantaloupe, Zucchini and Melon in some sort of sandwich pose with Zucchini in the middle to see how she compares to the other 2. If you'll notice though I did take pix with and without flash. Cantaloupe was out being a goof tonight too and I got a few shots of him that I'll upload tomorrow.

One nonfeeder out of the bunch isn't bad at all. And we will honestly never know if it was the nonfeeding or squashing herself in the lid during escape that really did it.

I'd feel weird about seeing snakes that were once home with me on the internet too. The babies are all kept on my night stand so please believe they get tons of attention and are always cruising around when I settle in for the night.

If Banana is still around after the show she would be my pick. And yes, thank you Jen for shipping these babies and also for my little Miami posse with the wonderful hets!

Here are the pictures of Cantaloupe from last night. He was being silly and wanted to stay wrapped around my fingers.

6011181617_0a28c7c48d.jpg

6011603264_755c173a05.jpg

6011052897_d78576659f.jpg

6011043437_9c37167314.jpg

Oops.. the first part of that was suppose to say.. even though this thread is SUPER old if you still have them/ have some updated pictures that would be AWESOME! Hope you're doing well.

I totally still have them. Lemon Drop just didn't seem to stick so he's still Cantaloupe. I'll take some pix soon. Cantaloupe sired a few clutches in 2014. I've got a butter stripe female baby (het hypo bloodred) and 1.2 amel stripe (het caramel of course) babies from him.

Solana I'm very glad to hear that! That's awesome. And yea, Cantaloupe seemed like a very fitting name. Well whenever you get a chance I'd love to see pictures.

Also I snooped though your threads a bit and it looks like you have a great collection! :cheers:

Back