• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rep Points

Huh, if anyone gets bored of beating this dead horse just do a search on "rep points" and look at the threads that have been started over the years by the disgruntled masses. This horse has died, been buried, and is still getting dug back up and beaten periodically.. In fact after how this thread has gone down I can't believe we still have rep at all myself. Rich is beyond patient (even if I think he did come pretty close to calling someone "fella" and laying the smack down and rightfully so)
I seem to recall the threat by Rich of them being taken away alltogether, like four years ago. Back when there were still negative rep points and a troll was giving everybody negative rep just to start controversy. I wasn't crazy about the rep system in those days either.
The way it is now - is it so terrible? Here is the way I look at it. Can't rep someone try again later. Can't give enough rep out because you used it up, wait until tomorrow. Want to give reps wait until you have read all the threads and go find the few posts you thought were the best ones. Yes it may take some of the spontaneity and fun out of things for some, but as has already been pointed out he is busy with running websites and also dealing with hundreds of clutches of eggs. I think the solution he has come up with is a good attempt at compromise.

Didn't Jeff Mohr run on a rep points platform, or am I mistaken? Where's he at? This should've been the first thing fixed the second he gained office . . . or is he busy attending party after party after party?

D80

When has any politician EVER come through on the promises they made during the campaign?

Back