• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I want to feed my corn live?!

Why are you going on and on about it, arguing against every point made NOT to do it?

Just do it and get it over with.

Yes, I agree. If you are going to do it, do it.
But realize that some people here will consider you nothing more than a sadistic creep. And some people here will hope that karma gets you....

...its not torturing....#1 and #2 your just to closed minded to see how an open minded person would see this situation. Im open minded to anything, if it interests me i will try it. The precise reason i got a snake where most people would not (around here anyways)

Then i consider them judgmental, im not sadistic, i think sadistic is throwing it against the wall like ive heard people do, or crush them in your hand...THATS SADISTIC. people can think of me how they want, but they shouldnt be judging me for something that is a very harmless act especially only once.

Haters got to hate

In the wild my cat would eat 100% live.

Yes, she hunts and eats mice as a domestic pet. I can't do anything about that. If I see her with one I take it away. Prolly it dies anyway ...

Do I feed my cat live mice? No, she eats wet and dry cat food.

My snake eats dead mice. Maybe if the snake was ill and would only eat live I would try. But it eats dead so no worries.

I don't quite get why you would prefer to feed a live mouse.

My thing is - if the snake (or cat) was in the wild, it hunts its prey. The mouse gets away, or doesn't. If it doesn't, for sure it is in pain, or scared. THAT is nature.

But putting a live prey item in a cage with a predator, it CANNOT get away. I don't see what is natural about that. If it can't be avoided, then perhaps you weigh the life of the snake or the life of the mouse.

But if it CAN be avoided, really, why?

...its not torturing....#1 and #2 your just to closed minded to see how an open minded person would see this situation. Im open minded to anything, if it interests me i will try it. The precise reason i got a snake where most people would not (around here anyways)

To delibrately cause the suffering of an animal when you don't have to is indeed torturing.
You asked for an opinion.
You got it.
You don't like it, tough cookies.
Do whatever the hell you want, but if you do do it, just know that some people will consider you a creep.
And know that some people will also consider you a blight on the hobby.

In the wild my cat would eat 100% live.

Yes, she hunts and eats mice as a domestic pet. I can't do anything about that. If I see her with one I take it away. Prolly it dies anyway ...

Do I feed my cat live mice? No, she eats wet and dry cat food.

My snake eats dead mice. Maybe if the snake was ill and would only eat live I would try. But it eats dead so no worries.

I don't quite get why you would prefer to feed a live mouse.

My thing is - if the snake (or cat) was in the wild, it hunts its prey. The mouse gets away, or doesn't. If it doesn't, for sure it is in pain, or scared. THAT is nature.

But putting a live prey item in a cage with a predator, it CANNOT get away. I don't see what is natural about that. If it can't be avoided, then perhaps you weigh the life of the snake or the life of the mouse.

But if it CAN be avoided, really, why?

I agree with this 100% and it has given me a different perspective, i think ive change my mind but well see how things go, it wasnt an idea i was set on but one i was considering, not so much now because that is a very true point

There is also "forum etiquette" that you haven't learned yet. It is very clear that you are not here to make friends, but rather throw out a controversial topic and argue it, trying to win the fight.

No one appreciates that. No one respects that. And anything you say after that is null and void. You are trying very hard to come across as an intellectual, but actually look quite the opposite.

If I was in your shoes and started this, I would have noticed right off that everyone was against it. I would have politely said "thank you for your opinions". Then, if I REALLY wanted to see it, I would have fed live and no one would have ever known.

It's not always about being "right".

There is also "forum etiquette" that you haven't learned yet. It is very clear that you are not here to make friends, but rather throw out a controversial topic and argue it, trying to win the fight.

No one appreciates that. No one respects that. And anything you say after that is null and void. You are trying very hard to come across as an intellectual, but actually look quite the opposite.

If I was in your shoes and started this, I would have noticed right off that everyone was against it. I would have politely said "thank you for your opinions". Then, if I REALLY wanted to see it, I would have fed live and no one would have ever known.

It's not always about being "right".

Actually you are wrong, i may not no forum etiquette, but i am here to make friends, i am trying to come across as intellectual because im not one of those sick ****head teens that are just sadistic *hits and enjoy watching animals killing each other. I want people to know that, also i agree i did approach the responses wrong and i apologize, i should have backed off, although me as a person in real life am rare to back off to defend my view, and many people enjoy arguing with me and respect it because im very reasonable if you give me a legit reason. (such as the one i quoted earlier)

Sorry if i have offended anyone

Also i dont argue to win a fight i argue for people to see my view and accept it, especially if its a very reasonable one (imho). Also the situation wasnt approached properly by star, he kept throwing out there that i sound like a "sadistic creep" in the eyes of the forum for having my own opinion? a better response may be to say, its frowned upon by the forum but if you want to do it , do it , its not right and i dont agree but its up to you? Can you honestly say im wrong in saying this?

Actually you are wrong, i may not no forum etiquette, but i am here to make friends, i am trying to come across as intellectual because im not one of those sick ****head teens that are just sadistic *hits and enjoy watching animals killing each other. I want people to know that, also i agree i did approach the responses wrong and i apologize, i should have backed off, although me as a person in real life am rare to back off to defend my view, and many people enjoy arguing with me and respect it because im very reasonable if you give me a legit reason. (such as the one i quoted earlier)

Sorry if i have offended anyone

What you are not understanding is that to many of us, if you delibrately hurt an animal, or cause one to suffer, when there is NO good reason to (your snake eats fine, so there is NO reason to), then you are doing it because you want to. And if you are doing it because you want to, then not only are you disrespecting your snake, and the prey item, but it tells everyone that you ARE one of "those sick **** teens".
If your snake is eating fine, then you really have no leg to stand on.
And you won't be making many friends......

By the way I am here to make friends, receive advice and give advice when i can! Im here to learn as well, and learn people opinions and different methods of doing things! Once again i hope i have not offended anyone!

I hope that this thread does not tarnish my chance to be a contributing member on this forum. If it does so be it but that was NOT my intent.

Also i already stated that my mind was changed by Iulia, so why im still being insulted for wanted to see it, is beyond me. All it is is curiousness my friends and I hope that you dont put down my curiosity!

And I believe curiosity is a good reason, where would we be in the world without it? By me stating i only want to do it once, how does that show anything BUT curiosity?

Also i dont argue to win a fight i argue for people to see my view and accept it, especially if its a very reasonable one (imho). Also the situation wasnt approached properly by star, he kept throwing out there that i sound like a "sadistic creep" in the eyes of the forum for having my own opinion? a better response may be to say, its frowned upon by the forum but if you want to do it , do it , its not right and i dont agree but its up to you? Can you honestly say im wrong in saying this?

See, the thing is, some of us will never ever see your point of view and accept it. Never ever. Do you think you are the very first person to make a post like this? Do you think this is new to us? It's not. And I did not say that you are seen as a sadistic creep by the forum, but lemme tell you, in the eyes of SOME of us, yes you are if you do what you are thinking of.

There is a live feeding thread posted by some newbie every few months on here. And we all list all the many reasons why it is frowned upon, and a good percentage argue back just like you. We have seen it all before. And we will see it all again. And after all is said and done, I still can't imagine anyone who would want to do such a thing for no good reason. And better yet, I don't want to.

I don't have a problem with you wanting to see it. I always feed frozen/thawed. I HAVE fed live, and I HAVE pre-killed my own mice. And it was never something I enjoyed doing. Call me a sissy, but I feel removed from the mice when i simply buy them frozen and thaw them. They seem less like an actual animal and more like simply food.

Where you tripped up, in my opinion, was keeping the argument going when you clearly saw that everyone was against it.

Retract your claws, show some humility (as you have done) and let's just get on with life.

Also i already stated that my mind was changed by Iulia, so why im still being insulted for wanted to see it, is beyond me. All it is is curiousness my friends and I hope that you dont put down my curiosity!

Like I said before, you can see all you want of that garbage on utube.

Back