• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Taking pictures of baby corns?

HighVoltage

High Voltage Reptiles
Just wondering how people contain their babies to take pictures of them on a clean background. I'm sure some pictures are cropped and what not. Our little corns like to move around a lot tho. If I try to take pictures in vivs, they usually just hide.

I usually set them on the surface I want to photograph them on and then I put a container over top of them for like 30 seconds. It calms them down just momentarily, so that when you remove it, you can take a whole bunch of quick photos and then replace the container when they start to make a break for it!

For full body pics, I tend to set them down on a rough surface (doesn't freak them out as much as a smooth one) and take pics like that. If I only need a picture of the head, I just gently hold them and manouver them so that I have the head against a clear background :)

I think you get the best hatchling photos using a deli cup and natural or fluorescent lighting. Halogen lighting is too hot and too warm in color. The bright white background is so clean and nice. Usually right after feeding is a great time to try!

They DO pose nicely after eating!

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

I take all baby pictures in the deli cup. I will put them in it with the lid on while I am getting ready and then take the lid off and start snapping away. Usually if they start coming out you just have to put you hand in front of them and they back right back up. Sometimes that makes for a cool "S" shot to.

This is great help, I just fed Crescent but I am going to try these suggestions because other than in Viv shots I cant get a picture of him, he's just too darn fast . LOL

I can't take pictures of Melody, and the eating thing won't work. When it's down, she bolts. :) She does pose for me sometimes.

Back