• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Happy feeding day!

RobbiesCornField

Bring it on.
9 out of 10 babies from my clutch ate for the first time today! F/T!
There was a little bit of questioning whether or not some of them would, but when left alone for a little while, they chowed down like there was no tomorrow! Here's a couple pictures of babies doing what they do.

The normal was the first one to eat (and for a while, I thought he'd be the only one).

5532_125396662840_501387840_2199283_6349343_n.jpg

On their first feeding day, you're happy even if they do buttmunch like this ghost boy!

5532_125396667840_501387840_2199284_3744285_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Congrats, that is great news! My little ones had their second meal yesterday, and out of 12 I only have one non-eater in the bunch... refused both meals!

I love the butt-munching photo :)

Congrats Robbie!! Are you doing anything different to prepare the pinkies that is helping them eat? I have 5 out of my 20 born the same week as yours that are refusing.

Congrats Robbie!! Are you doing anything different to prepare the pinkies that is helping them eat? I have 5 out of my 20 born the same week as yours that are refusing.

Thanks! I thaw them all together (mice and rats), so they might have a bit of a different smell on them because of the rats. But other than that, nothing different. Just f/t put into a giant styrofoam cooler and heated using scalding hot water from the bath tub faucet.
Mom and dad have always been perfect feeders, though, so I was definitely hoping that was one of the things that got passed on to the babies.

Back