• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How pure must a corn be to be truely pure?

Wow putting words in my mouth are we?

Never did I say

I said Gelsharks analogy wasn't that offensive to me.

I could ask you "So forcing a helpless animal to breed with something it wouldn't naturally breed with is ok with you?"

Both in my opinion are wrong. Child molestation is worse by far.

Point of the matter is they do it in the wild they are NOT being forced. I think we all know that when our snakes don't want to they DON'T lol

I am sorry but a king snake and a corn snake would not breed in the wild.

Some will trick the snakes into breeding with another species, so in the end forcing them to do something that they normally would not do if they were in the wild.

Point of the matter is they do it in the wild they are NOT being forced. I think we all know that when our snakes don't want to they DON'T lol

You don't know how some hybrids are made do you?

Some people resort to taping snakes mouths shut so they can't eat the other in order to make hybrids.

You really need to read up on hybrids before you start saying what they will and won't do.

A cal king, for example, will never breed with a corn in wild.

You might get rat snake intergrades, but even those are very uncommon. Nature is not designed to produce hybrids. It's generally humans that force the snakes to breed through some manner of trickery.

Someone who abuses animals to create hybrids is just as awful as a pedophile in my eyes. The is no sense in either behavior.

You don't know how some hybrids are made do you?

Some people resort to taping snakes mouths shut so they can't eat the other in order to make hybrids.

You really need to read up on hybrids before you start saying what they will and won't do.

A cal king, for example, will never breed with a corn in wild.

You might get rat snake intergrades, but even those are very uncommon. Nature is not designed to produce hybrids. It's generally humans that force the snakes to breed through some manner of trickery.

Clearly I was speaking of the ones that do in the wild.

I'm wondering how those snakes would even be in the boogie-woogie mood after their hawk encounter. Maybe they'd stay up all night telling each other about their experience and then form a group for snakes that survived similar experiences.

I think there's a bit of a difference in things that are genetically able to reproduce in nature and a pedophile CHOOSING to rape a child. Grow up.
:mad:

I never said hybrids are wrong, only that the other poster's logic is wrong

He stated that if it can happen it is meant to happen

I disagree with that logic, that's all

I would appreciate it if you would take the time to understand what you read instead of react erroneously.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm wondering how those snakes would even be in the boogie-woogie mood after their hawk encounter. Maybe they'd stay up all night telling each other about their experience and then form a group for snakes that survived similar experiences.

But then they might become so close that they resort to "doing it" all night long!

It is possible that a corn and similar sized rat snake would mate in the wild, but only if their territories naturally overlap. Other than that though, I don't see it happening. I'm sure that the natural mating urges would not override the predator/prey urge in milk-corn breedings.
It's possible the pheremone signatures are too different to breed in the wild as well.

Chickadees and titmice are closely related in the wild, but I've never heard of or seen a hybrid between them

It is possible that a corn and similar sized rat snake would mate in the wild, but only if their territories naturally overlap. Other than that though, I don't see it happening. I'm sure that the natural mating urges would not override the predator/prey urge in milk-corn breedings.
It's possible the pheremone signatures are too different to breed in the wild as well.

Chickadees and titmice are closely related in the wild, but I've never heard of or seen a hybrid between them

Exactly, but those rat snake crosses are intergrades, not hybrids.

True genetic hybrids are exceedingly rare and nearly non existent in the wild.

The likelihood of a king/corn cross in the wild is an likely as a lottery win by an albino midget. LOL!

Ooh, I learned something new!
I remember being on a camping trip as a teen and seeing a black ratsnake in the water, and then when hiking the next day I found a pretty cornsnake guarding a nest, always wondered if the rat was the daddy. XD

Are intergrades considered "hybrids" in the pure/hybrid debate then?

Back