• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sunglow x RO photos?

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
While cleaning hatchling bins at work, I came across a startlingly bright 6-month-old male, the result of a sunglow x reverse okeetee pairing. He looks like a standard amel, but with a brilliant yellow wash...I mean, get-your-sunglasses bright. I haven't seen the rest of the clutch, which were likely all sold long before, so I have no idea if his coloration is at all unique.

Does anyone have any photos (or at least stories to share) of hatchlings and/or adults from a sunglow x RO pairing that might be similar?

I plan to buy this little guy as a birthday gift for a friend who's been wanting to get a corn. Unfortunately I'm unable to take a photo of him until then because of work policy.

While cleaning hatchling bins at work, I came across a startlingly bright 6-month-old male, the result of a sunglow x reverse okeetee pairing. He looks like a standard amel, but with a brilliant yellow wash...I mean, get-your-sunglasses bright. I haven't seen the rest of the clutch, which were likely all sold long before, so I have no idea if his coloration is at all unique.

Does anyone have any photos (or at least stories to share) of hatchlings and/or adults from a sunglow x RO pairing that might be similar?

I plan to buy this little guy as a birthday gift for a friend who's been wanting to get a corn. Unfortunately I'm unable to take a photo of him until then because of work policy.
Sunglows generally have a red wash. I've not heard of one with a yellow wash.

That sounds like an interesting pairing. Taking one that has little/no white X one with extra white.

I have a Sunglow Tessera that I produced out of Red Factor Tessera het Fire X Coral Snow.

Attachments

• 139962_366511_VeryLarge_jecjOIebN2PSft7.jpg
    139962_366511_VeryLarge_jecjOIebN2PSft7.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 183
Sunglows generally have a red wash. I've not heard of one with a yellow wash.

That sounds like an interesting pairing. Taking one that has little/no white X one with extra white.
See that's what I thought, so I have no idea what's going on with this little guy. I think the low white x high white (and our okeetees aren't exactly extreme by any means) is why he looks like a standard amel, in terms of saddle borders. Hopefully I can get a photo sometime this week. My friend expressed interest in loaning him for breeding in a few years, so perhaps I'll have to do some trials eventually. Someday, when I have more space. XD

See that's what I thought, so I have no idea what's going on with this little guy. I think the low white x high white (and our okeetees aren't exactly extreme by any means) is why he looks like a standard amel, in terms of saddle borders. Hopefully I can get a photo sometime this week. My friend expressed interest in loaning him for breeding in a few years, so perhaps I'll have to do some trials eventually. Someday, when I have more space. XD
Exactly. It's not something I would pair, because you're taking away from both, being opposite that they are.
There's probably something else in there, if he has a yellow wash (yellow jacket?) rather than red.
Or maybe some Creamsickle in there...?

I did that pairing this year, actually... kinda. The hatchlings have not yet had their first shed, but dad was my sunglow-ish Dier, and mama snake is best described as a fluorescent RO. I'll take photos of the offspring once they shed.

I was finally able to get some quick photos of him, now that he's paid for.

9RBM3Qtl.jpg
31A6r5bl.jpg
6N2ZsE4l.jpg

I also took a quick video: https://instagram.com/p/7JMQ2qumoc/

I did find one female from the same clutch still on the wall. She had a yellow wash to her as well, but not nearly as bright. I'm thinking yellow jacket might be at play here.

Wow, those are some stunning colors.. I would end up calling it CandyCorn.. Just in time for Halloween!

He's quite a sunny fellow. I don't know if his new owner has finalized a name (he is Pyrobreaker on these forums, hasn't posted yet). Last I heard, he was tossing around variations of Ra/Rah or Starburst, both quite appropriate for his coloration. I think he's going to be gorgeous as an adult. I know YJ can lighten lavender morphs...I'm curious how a YJ opal might look. Perhaps we'll have to find this little guy a nice girlfriend or two in a few years.

Apparently his parents are in brumation for the early spring group (this one hatched Feb. 5) and there may be more than one potential father. On top of that, a bunch of egg slips from that period this year were misplaced, so I don't know his exact genetics. I'm hoping I can find out later this year, especially if those slips are found. Otherwise if he does breed, he might get some interesting surprises!

Those would be some excellent names! I hope that the owner will start a progression thread for him so we can watch him grow!

I should get Matt to post some new photos of Sunny. I believe he is just het caramel. Otherwise as far as we know he's just an amel. He looks a bit less bright than he did as a tiny hatchling.

Updated photos of Sunny having a small meal. Apparently he has kept most of his yellow background. He's 110g now.

bTV7l30h.jpg

dDCXm1fh.jpg

pTBvWhZh.jpg

jpldAilh.jpg

EK8mLvnh.jpg

Not a butter, 100% amel. It's possible if not probable that he is het caramel though. I picked him out of a couple thousand hatchlings to send to Matt because every time I opened his tub he just glowed. Also because RbM wouldn't let me buy the hypo lavender paradox because "we need a 'hypo' to fill our petsmart order so we're sending that." Ugh.

Is there anyway that there is a mistake in the parents? Where do you work? Sorry to hear that you could not have gotten that paradox hypo lavender. That would have been so sweet. So someone gets to win the Petsmart lottery? Have any idea what state that snake went to? It would narrow it down some.

It was over 6 months ago, likely somewhere along the east coast. My immediate supervisor got very tired of my complaints about mediocre record keeping and mistakes in identifying babies, so she didn't tell me where the paradox went. She just didn't really care. All I know is that the higher ups were extremely uptight about their precious petsmart contact. Nothing trumped their orders.

Sunny's parents were probably just two random amels labeled as who-knows-what. The guy in adult colubrids was a bit more confident in his morph identification than he should have been. So was I at the time, but I've since improved beyond the folks there in my not-so-humble opinion. I always was a snob. :laugh:

Last edited:
I always look in the bin when I walk through Petsmart. I always see a sweet little classic. I have never seen anything else, but I always wonder what hets the little classic may be hiding.

Back