• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow Okeetee?

I do not know Jeff Mohr (see, got it right) that well, but I have seen him, I have met him before. I think he was troiuble before the three time thing, lol. Just a Joke.

However Jeff, not sure that you rember meeting me, but while you and I were talking, my 4 year old Son Drew conned me into purchasing a blow up sword from your wife. If you see us again, do not let me buy one of those contraptions from HELL. It is nearly impossible to blow the danged thing up and get the cap in without massive air loss. Of course he has taken care of it since our purchase in June and I get the repeated pleasure of continuously blowing it up again and again and again....That alone should entitle me to some lavas, sunkissed, something.

Seriously, hope to see you in Columbia this November

dc

....That alone should entitle me to some lavas, sunkissed, something.

Seriously, hope to see you in Columbia this November

dc

How about a sunkissed lava lavender stipe butter het golden corn?

And yes, I remember you and I'll be in Columbia...that reminds me...I need to order some more inflatable swords. :devil01:
</IMG>

Holy crap! Chip where the heck have you been?!

Here you go my friend :)

attachment.php

I vaguely recall reading this thread when it was first posted, and am just too darn lazy to go back and read it again. But in the last couple of pages of posts, people are referring to this as a "new gene". Has anyone PROVEN that yet? When I looked at that later image posted, the first thought that popped into my mind was "Caramel?".....

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but let's try to PROVE a new gene prior to labeling it that. Yeah, I know that takes a LOT of time and effort to do, but in my opinion, that is the appropriate path to take anytime you believe you have something *new*.

As for breeding loans, I would suggest that anyone engaging in such a thing get all the terms in writing beforehand, and make certain that you get the animals far enough in advance of breeding season so there is no likelihood of pathogens crossing over from one population to another. I hear far too many instances of someone getting an animal on breeding loan on Tuesday and throwing that animal into their colony as a breeder on Wednesday. NOT good.......

Was this animal ever bred? I seem to remember , although I could be wrong, it was breed and there was some offspring.. I don't think those ever became available to anyone, or at least I don;t reading that there was available off spring..

Would like to see the results of breeding trials for this animal..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Was this animal ever bred? I seem to remember , although I could be wrong, it was breed and there was some offspring.. I don't think those ever became available to anyone, or at least I don;t reading that there was available off spring..

Would like to see the results of breeding trials for this animal..

BlueKing the owner of the snake in question responded on 10/1 (page 14) with an update
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15838&page=14

I vaguely recall reading this thread when it was first posted, and am just too darn lazy to go back and read it again. But in the last couple of pages of posts, people are referring to this as a "new gene". Has anyone PROVEN that yet? When I looked at that later image posted, the first thought that popped into my mind was "Caramel?".....

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but let's try to PROVE a new gene prior to labeling it that. Yeah, I know that takes a LOT of time and effort to do, but in my opinion, that is the appropriate path to take anytime you believe you have something *new*.

I sent/sold an adult amber male to test out for hypo and of course caramel. To my knowledge, a successful breeding did not occur and therefore it has not been tested.

To me, this original picture looks like a REALLY bright caramel that had had a few bad sheds, or is in need of a shed (since it gets darker toward the tail), and had the flash hit it just right.... but now I'm not so sure. All I know is that if this can be bred and produce babies that look as "blingy" as this one then there are a lot of people who would pay TOP dollar for them...

Heck, I would be willing to help you out if need be. I have no problems trying to help people with projects.. *shrugs*

Regards.. Tim of T and J

My first though was caramel, too...HOWEVER, even if this IS caramel, it looks different enough that I'd love to get some locality examples this guy. If caramel, the value is not that great (and it would NOT be a new mutation) - but it would be one of the best looking caramels I've seen.
KJ

I wonder how Carsten "ZEE" Zoldy's year is going... Hopefully we'll hear from him soon about new Golden hatchlings.

Not sure its worth much coming from a rather new person on this site but.... NC corns might really look like that. Here where I live they are Silver and Orange with no Red (opposite of the yellow in this one). I am hoping to catch one this spring/summer and I will definitely post pics. As to why it looks like that is it blending in with the wiregrass or switchcane of the sandhills of NC? Is most other NC wild caught snakes more orange due to the forest floor being covered with orange leaves? Seems like there would be more that look like this since other states has the same vegatation. Most animals have a way of blending in with it's environment some are better at it than others.
That's my $0.02.

Not sure its worth much coming from a rather new person on this site but.... NC corns might really look like that. Here where I live they are Silver and Orange with no Red (opposite of the yellow in this one). I am hoping to catch one this spring/summer and I will definitely post pics. As to why it looks like that is it blending in with the wiregrass or switchcane of the sandhills of NC? Is most other NC wild caught snakes more orange due to the forest floor being covered with orange leaves? Seems like there would be more that look like this since other states has the same vegatation. Most animals have a way of blending in with it's environment some are better at it than others.
That's my $0.02.

Very Much Agree with this post.

I have been following this thread since I first signed up on this board, and
would LOVE to see how the project goes with this snake. crouserscorns
post above makes a lot of sense compared to what is posted on this guys
site that I read through now and then. This guy is from South Carolina and
has posted several reports of his observations from over the state.
I saw this one a few weeks ago, and it made me think of this thread.
Here is the link to what I found interesting in conjuction to what crousers
posted. . . . . look down towards the bottom at the list of different
corn snakes he's spotted from different counties and towns in the state.
The top one listed as "Adult, Laurens County" shows a washed out, and
gray/silver color blending in with the pine tree in the picture. . .sort of like
a dull Miami Phase. But click on the bottom picture in that list where it's
listed as "Unusual Brown Coloration" . . . I was reading about this one on
his list of observations, and this is one he spotted near his house in Ware
Shoals SC. It (unfortuately) had been freshly run over, and he thought it
was a black rat snake at first, but decided to go back and view it. . . as
he did, he noticed that it wasn't a black snake, but had all the traits of a
corn snake, but very unusual coloration.
I used to live in Laurens County SC and I have a Brother that lives in
Ware Shoals, so I'm going to have to go visit some family this spring and
summer to see if I can run across any of these fine specimens of my own.

:D

Very Much Agree with this post.

I have been following this thread since I first signed up on this board, and
would LOVE to see how the project goes with this snake. crouserscorns
post above makes a lot of sense compared to what is posted on this guys
site that I read through now and then. This guy is from South Carolina and
has posted several reports of his observations from over the state.
I saw this one a few weeks ago, and it made me think of this thread.
Here is the link to what I found interesting in conjuction to what crousers
posted. . . . . look down towards the bottom at the list of different
corn snakes he's spotted from different counties and towns in the state.
The top one listed as "Adult, Laurens County" shows a washed out, and
gray/silver color blending in with the pine tree in the picture. . .sort of like
a dull Miami Phase. But click on the bottom picture in that list where it's
listed as "Unusual Brown Coloration" . . . I was reading about this one on
his list of observations, and this is one he spotted near his house in Ware
Shoals SC. It (unfortuately) had been freshly run over, and he thought it
was a black rat snake at first, but decided to go back and view it. . . as
he did, he noticed that it wasn't a black snake, but had all the traits of a
corn snake, but very unusual coloration.
I used to live in Laurens County SC and I have a Brother that lives in
Ware Shoals, so I'm going to have to go visit some family this spring and
summer to see if I can run across any of these fine specimens of my own.

:D

Almost forgot . . . . .Here's the link to that site

http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snakes/corn.htm

I've e-mailed Zee a few times this year and kept up on updates threw kingsnake and he only got 3 possible good eggs this year out of a few clutches and no hatchlings. he has been deployed again this year so he was supervising all the breeding from a far this year.

it looks like it will be at least another year before this project starts to take off.

I started to wonder if his project will ever take off. He has had quite a few unfortunate events preventing him from coming up with a good clutch. The original golden corn is getting old. He also ignores advices of experienced people trying to help him breed his snakes besides dismissing any kind of external help. Sad, but all true.
Hopefully the teenager taking care of his snakes doesn't mess up this year again.

I started to wonder if his project will ever take off. He has had quite a few unfortunate events preventing him from coming up with a good clutch. The original golden corn is getting old. He also ignores advices of experienced people trying to help him breed his snakes besides dismissing any kind of external help. Sad, but all true.
Hopefully the teenager taking care of his snakes doesn't mess up this year again.

I agree with everything said. Seems as if he would send a pair of the hets out on loan to someone else. I have a certain species I have struggled but I regularly hatch eggs from other snakes, so I sent them to a friend, he has to have better luck than I with them.

dc

Back