• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Barking

pearlyadder

Hi,

Long time snake keeper but a new member here. I stumbled across the forum searching for oldest corn snake info. All the references I can find state that the oldest corn snake recorded was 32 years and 3 months.

I only have one left now, but Gallahad was hatched July 1989 so will be 33 in July.

His brother died over 12 years ago at a very respectable age, but he has kept going. He doesn't slough well anymore and needs a gentle and patient hand to complete the job. He looks completely blind but he finds his way around the viv without a problem and I deliberately don't move stuff around. He still strikes and eats well.

I am pretty sure he must be a record-breaker! Can anyone beat his age?

Kate

I had a big female Okeetee that lived past 20 years, but that is the oldest I can recall.

That town you live in, "Barking". Do you have a lot of dogs there? :)

Welcome to the forum! It seems you and your elder corn might have a record. I don't know how you go about it, but you might check into it with Guinness people.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

I did look into Guinness World records but they only have a record for the oldest snake, and not for individual breeds. As old as he is, Galahad still has a long way to go to be the oldest snake!

Well, if you can document your corn snake's age, I'd go ahead and contact the Guiness people. I've seen a number of stories on people who had the first Guinness World Record Whatever. You'll never know unless you try!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back