• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'Defence stand'

Feebeedawn

She does this all the time, only time she doesn't is after a feed or in shed. What is she doing?
d6463524ddf1899367ca20984e8bfa87.jpg
00c3ef64c334c11061b26ffb866123ee.jpg
b08db52c8bb7866a274453be14fb94b2.jpg
b3ca464a4af8799ee43d054bd999a422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is just being curious and looking around. Nothing defensive there, at all. If she had aspen, and was poking her head out in that same stance, it's called periscoping!

She does it for agesssss! Kinda creepy how she just stares at me haha! Didn't know what she was doing :)

They win staring contests every time. They tend to freeze when the notice you. She probably holds her pose until you move on.

Haha im like what the.. She's constantly doing it cause her tub is right next to me all the time lol spooky

Mine do that sometimes. I've always thought it was them checking to see if the coast is clear before they move around. I think it's cute!

I think this is super cute.. My bigger ones does this, the younger one are still into hiding behavior!

Yup, they want to check things out but don't want to be noticed, so they stay very still. You would be shocked how many snakes you have probably walked by in the wild (and possibly venomous ones) that you didn't even know were there because they sit so still.

And Todd is right, I'll bet my paycheck that you blink first!

Mine does that too, I'm still new to snakes and he has a hide with a small hole in the top where he just sticks his head out and stares, as said was a bit freaky at first lol

She looks great. She does not look defensive. Next time I get my Amber out, I will post a photo of defensive...and aggressive. He soars through the air like an arrow. He has a lovely triangle head and everything. I can't wait until he is four feet and doing that.

She looks great. She does not look defensive. Next time I get my Amber out, I will post a photo of defensive...and aggressive. He soars through the air like an arrow. He has a lovely triangle head and everything. I can't wait until he is four feet and doing that.

Haha sounds fun! I can't wait till Roxy is bigger! I say that then I'll miss her being tiny lol, she had her first two pinkies today! Only little ones but she gobbled them up quick!

Back