• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New glass

qtken2

Oh you know!!!
I just got in a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX. I recently did my first newborn photo session and I used my Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM and the pics came out great, however, I thought I set up with enough space but I was wrong. Could only going back so far before hitting my sliding glass door. So I decided to get something a bit closer. I grabbed the first snake I saw moving around and took a few test pics. Looks like I need a bit more fine tuning with it.
116859_292948_VeryLarge_FTOBLTowkCtJPUj.jpg

116859_292949_VeryLarge_3o3NJCnbFZRf.jpg

116859_292950_VeryLarge_rBYewcqip4wVu.jpg

Here is one of the baby pics as well

How are you liking it? I've been wanting to get a nice prime lens for my Nikon for a while now.

I haven't taken many pics with the nikon yet. I was going to go crazy with it this past weekend because I went to the ABQ Zoo and Bio-Park. But, alas, from the frantic rush of my wife pushing me out the door due from her waking up late and taking forever to get ready, I forgot about it until probably after an hour on the road. So far I like the sigma 50mm better. Feels more solid plus makes me look more professional lol. I'll try to get some on here when I take more. Here is one with the 50mm.

My daughter holding a tessera stripe

Please excuse her hair. She woke up, saw me cleaning enclosures, and decided to help.

out of curiosity, that a pink pastel albino hog? It's the one line of albino I want to work with yet few have. An acquaintance up here has a pink male, but I forget if he's got a het female or not.

out of curiosity, that a pink pastel albino hog? It's the one line of albino I want to work with yet few have. An acquaintance up here has a pink male, but I forget if he's got a het female or not.

Yes, she is a ppa. Growing rather slow but well fed. I got her the end of November when she was 4 grams. Now she's 15 grams. I have a male conda waiting on her, he'll just have to wait a few years

The DOF on a 1.8 is super tiny, so unless you hit perfect focus the picture is going to appear to be soft. The 35mm has good reviews online and plenty of sharp sample pictures--but unless you need the 1.8 for low light stop it down a bit and the sharpness should increase.

If you wanted to save some money you could toss the Sigma 50mm and pick up an older Nikon 50mm provided that your camera body has an AF screw. I guarantee you the older Nikon will be sharper than the Sigma hands down.

The DOF on a 1.8 is super tiny, so unless you hit perfect focus the picture is going to appear to be soft. The 35mm has good reviews online and plenty of sharp sample pictures--but unless you need the 1.8 for low light stop it down a bit and the sharpness should increase.

If you wanted to save some money you could toss the Sigma 50mm and pick up an older Nikon 50mm provided that your camera body has an AF screw. I guarantee you the older Nikon will be sharper than the Sigma hands down.

Thanks for the advice. I actually do most of my newborn shoots in low light, mid day in my living room. Plus most parents, as in moms, like the softer dreamy shots. The majority of my shots are not shot wide open either. They are in between 2.2 and 2.8. At least in this area.

I actually enjoy shooting with the sigma over the nikon

9677186998_10e85f9f95_b.jpg

Back