• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rat rack tubs

5timestwisted

Peace F'kers!
Hey guy's -n- gal's i built a rat rack and im having no luck finding the black motar tubs (MacCourt Tubs) up here in Canada. Home Depot U.S. has them but my local store doesn't stock them nor does Rona and they won't order them in. I'm trying to avoid ordering from the states due to its built and i want them now!! I jumped the gun and followed some plans on this site now i just need the tubs. Help Please!

I am a professional cabinet maker. I buy the "hardware" first and build the cabinet second. Just a thought. .

Understood and noted!! ( and i got the "dumbass" from the wife already also) My AFS breeding is growing and im turning people away so everything was a rush, didn't stop to think it would be this difficult to find them localy!

Use whatever tubs you get, Sterilite works. After two months, neither my ASFs or my Norway rats have chewed out. Sure, they're chewed a lot on some clips the tubs use to keep the lids on, but the lids still work.

You don't need Mortar tubs unless you have super chewers who need more than a block of wood or an empty card board hide box.

I mail order these from the Consolidated Plastics web site. They are heavy duty and rats have never chewed out. Rats will eventually chew out of any of the Rubbermaid, Sterlite, etc. storage containers. They have too many ridges and corners for them to start on.

Attachments

• Tote.jpg
    Tote.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 99
I am a professional cabinet maker. I buy the "hardware" first and build the cabinet second. Just a thought. .

He already said he jumped the gun. No need to kick him while he's down.

Just a thought...

I'm not ordering online for any, i'm just going to rip everything apart and fab p a new one with smaller bins. More bins, smaller groups of AFS's, a little more work cleaning every week but o-well such is life. ( mabie i can get my wife to do it!! lol ) Thanks for the responces gys n gals! Peace!

Here we go!!! I went out to the local Dollar store and found some cat litter pans that are nice thick plastic, shocked me... Going to take the rack back to work cut it apart and fab up a new one now. The rack was going to be 5 large tubs, now i have 12 litter pans. I'll post some pic's after i cut and weld up the rack. Peace!

Home Hardware sells them, I had this exact same problem in Canada, but they ordered the mortar tubs for me from my local store and they showed up a couple days later.

i would definitely suggest the mortar tubs over the cat litter pans, that's for sure.

Home Hardware sells them, I had this exact same problem in Canada, but they ordered the mortar tubs for me from my local store and they showed up a couple days later.

i would definitely suggest the mortar tubs over the cat litter pans, that's for sure.

I'll give them a call thank you so so much, if they can get them for me i'll pick up a few and use them for wenners! Peace!

If you use cat pans make sure they are the jumbos size. They are even kinda small for a. 1.1 and babies but they do in a pinch. It might be worth the extra time and money to order the larger tubs.

If you use cat pans make sure they are the jumbos size. They are even kinda small for a. 1.1 and babies but they do in a pinch. It might be worth the extra time and money to order the larger tubs.

The pans i picked up have the same floor space (little bit bigger) as a 10 gal tank, with 1.2 or even 1.3 i should be ok from other posts i've read on here. The AFS's i have in 10gal tanks now do great, lots of room to roam, and play. But i'll keep it in mind as i expand the breeding, thanks.

Like i stated in my last post, i'll still try and pick up some mixing tubs for the weeners to grow up in and with breeding season around the corner i'll be collecting as many pinks as i can to get ready to feed all the babies. Peace!

Back