• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1,000,000th post this year?

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed the number of posts on this site, and along with that, the number of posts that have taken place within the past 30 days. Looks like we just might hit 1 million posts in 2009! :cheers:

That's pretty amazing to me. :cool:

Fred, it looks like we haven't hit it yet!!!!

So Rich... Is there a free snake in it for the 1,000,000th poster? ;)
I know... but once that post is... posted... LOL, is there a way to figure out who did it?? That's what I meant.

I HAD thought about the "prize for the millionth" but I didn't want to actually come out and ask... THANKS, Robbie! :poke:

I wonder if there were any way to figure out WHO posted that millionth post??? LOL.

Well, it's not as simple as it may seem. I can tell the post number (and so can anyone else if they know what to look for), but the problem is that not all posts get to remain here. Some posts are made by spammers, and they get deleted, of course. But the post number remains with that post, regardless.

So what is going to happen is that the REAL one millionth post will be made well before the one that trips the counter over in the stats display. But figuring out which post actually did that will be really tough to do without actually being here watching for it.

Fred, it looks like we haven't hit it yet!!!!

So Rich... Is there a free snake in it for the 1,000,000th poster? ;)

Ordinarily I would say that is an excellent idea! But quite honestly, I'm likely going to be completely out of snakes by that time. I'm negotiating with several people right now who make take larger quantities of them to help me get on with this retirement bit.

Both Connie and I are ready......

It looks like it is going to be REAL close....

As of this moment:
Threads: 87,999, Posts: 988,063, Members: 17,353
832 posts in the last 24 hours, 22,198 posts in the last 30 days.

Well, it's not as simple as it may seem. I can tell the post number (and so can anyone else if they know what to look for), but the problem is that not all posts get to remain here. Some posts are made by spammers, and they get deleted, of course. But the post number remains with that post, regardless.

So what is going to happen is that the REAL one millionth post will be made well before the one that trips the counter over in the stats display. But figuring out which post actually did that will be really tough to do without actually being here watching for it.

Actually we've already passed the "REAL" one millionth post goal post. Robbie's above post is number 1,012,580. The "absolute" post counter doesn't decrement when threads or posts are deleted, whereas the number shown in the statistics line will. So it's quite possible we could hit that one millionth post this year, and three people will delete obsolete classified ads and that number of "keeper" posts will decrement back below that level.

The comment I made starting this thread wasn't to try to spur people on to hit that number, I was just impressed that this site is as active as it has become. With less than a third of the membership base, this site just leaves FaunaClassifieds in the dust concerning active participation.

Ah, too bad. We didn't hit the 1 millionth post mile marker in 2009. Count sits now at 999,504 posts. So we'll probably hit that sometime later on today.

Nice try though!

We did it Rich........The time stamp on the bottom of the page, 10.41pm Greenwich Mean Time.................I tried really hard to get the capture at exactly 1,000,000 but missed it by 3, I think everyone went a little crazy :D Oh and I think I know which post tripped the counter to the million............

Attachments

• Cropped Post mark on cs.jpg
    Cropped Post mark on cs.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back