• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh, Craigslist...

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
Sometimes for fun, I like to surf Craigslist to see what people are selling. While I was looking at snakes today, these were two of the gems I found.

This one is clearly not a bloodred as the ad states, but it is a pretty snake nonetheless:

corn1.png

And this one I just feel bad for. He's so thin. (He also looks pretty yellow to be a blizzard.)

corn2.png

Have you found any good/bad deals on Craigslist?

poor snake-he's bone thin. :(
I've seen quite a few uhh..'interesting' ads on CL & I couldn't resist the urge to email a few of them to correct them LOL :)

I'm always tempted to email them, but then I usually don't (I hate confrontation). I have emailed a couple of Craigslist ads that were looking for a corn snake to give them the names of breeders I recommend, though.

There's an ad up on my local craigslist where someone is asking $225 for a hatchling charcoal and it's 20 gallon tank. When I enquired about the snake alone, the person asked $75 for it.

I like the garter snake / corn snake hybrids that were on craigslist here last year.

Oh! There was also an ad up a few months ago for a 'rare white python'..... snow corn snake.

Now you got me looking around on some Texas cities' CL's out of curiosity..I have learned some things...

I found out tonight there is a "Memphis" phase corn snake..didn't know that.. LOL...

also,everyone with a normal corn for sale calls it an Okeetee...

people having a baby suddenly find it impossible to care for 1 snake...

a juvenile rat snake is commonly mistaken for a corn snake...

some corn snakes need to stay together because they are 'mated'...

snakes are very demanding animals,'cuz even having 1 takes too much time to care for so they need someone who has time for them...

This one is irritating-- 'male is brown female is orange' (= dark orange morph?) yet they have had 3 'batches'(cookies?) of eggs in 2 years -----

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/pet/3537323654.html

I do sometimes see some good deals on Craigslist. I've bought a couple tanks that are in nice condition for a fraction of the price of a new one.

Not a snake, but I saw an ad on CL today for a 55gal aquarium that came with 2 - 10in oscars, a 10in pleco & a 5in koi. Seriously an overstocked tank :(

Yesterday i saw a corn advertised as amel het tessera for £225. Photo was of a regular amel!
Couldn't stop myself from writing him an email! Not on craigslist.

Back