• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2000 Trans Hypo male

Serpwidgets

Got this guy yesterday on breeding loan from Joe Pierce. Whenever I can get my camera fixed, I'll get better pics... including some super-macros. :D

Moses-1003-01.jpg

So far here are the things I've noticed about him that are interesting:
  • belly gets red/pink toward the back end, which (I understand) is typical of Locality Okeetees
  • Some keeling on dorsal scales near the back end.
  • Fading out head pattern. (cool!)
  • The normally black "stripes" aren't really visible, but from certain angles you can make out "white stripes" in that same place.
  • Red scales (on the saddles) have gray spots on them. They're more concentrated where you normally see the longitudinal lines, but are also there on the entire saddle.
  • Chin is a clean white instead of the usual black/white "tiger striping" (or brown/white on hypos) and up close you can see traces of the striping, but almost looks like what you'd see on an amel.... that weird yellow/green coloration

Anyway, he's really great, and I cant wait till spring. Apart from the test against the "Dream" line, I have some additional fun crosses to make with him. :)

well I don't really get this
I have just heard
Ultra Hypo and Trans Hypo from Kat
so this is like a new kind of hypo right?
Assume:
The old usual hypo that we see is like called 'hypo a'
ultra = 'hypo b'
trans = 'hypo c'
right?
It's just a different kind of hypo, am I correct?
I do seem to see some difference in these hypos but not greatly.
As Serp might have mentioned a few of the differences, how else can you tell (well of course other than breeding)
so if you breed a 'hypo a' and a 'hypo b' would you get a normal or would there be a hypo?
is the hypo gene co-dominant or recessive????

Man...these hypo genes are making me mad......:confused: :eek:

Ah but hypo b is sunkissed lol so I think there are 4 types most known out there:
Hypo a (Normal)
Hypo b (Sunkissed)
Hypo c (Ultra hypo)
and now (Trans hypo)
But there still is what ever hypos that rich is plagued with too! LOL

You know, there might be an inherent value to having a line that was proven to be homozygous for all of the hypos floating about out there . . .it would certainly make the breeding of the animals a lot more predictable, wouldn't it?

Actually, the whole point of the breeding experiments this spring is to find out if Dream hypo and Ultra hypo match up with any of the other known hypos.

What we know:

Sunkissed != HypoA
TransHypo != HypoA
TransHypo != Sunkissed
UltraHypo != HypoA

What the currently planned breeding trials will find out:

DreamHypo vs TransHypo
UltraHypo vs TransHypo
UltraHypo vs Sunkissed
(There may be others... I don't know what crosses Don S. is doing.)

-Kat

* '!=' means 'is not equal to'

Ah~~
my head was spinning when I was reading this thread....
now that there are more hypos adding on my head is spinning even more....I don't get this!!!!1 Sigh...

Heh, yeah, it can get confusing. Part of the problem is that many people have used the name "Ultra" but I've yet to hear anyone who used these names say if they've done any breeding trials to determine if it is or is not compatible with what lines. The whole idea with these breeding loans and trials is to clear up the messes that are out there right now. My predictions are:

1- Ultra Hypo and Trans Hypo will be the same thing.

2- Dream Hypo and Standard Hypo will be the same thing.

We'll see next year, hopefully. If the Trans X Dream cross produces normals (proving them different) then I will be trying "standard" hypo X Dream. The funny thing is that we still won't know if other people using the "Ultra" name are working with one of the three currently known forms, or which one of them, or some other line. (Nor will they know... sucks for them, and the people who buy from them. I guess they will start to see first-hand why it is unwise to just tack a new name on anything without any proof of what it is or isn't.)

Also, Sean at VMS Herps has a weird looking ghost which he bred to a (standard) ghost this year. It produced anerys and ghosts... Apparently it's het for standard hypo and expressing some other form of hypo.

IMO it's going to become more and more valuable to be able to supply someone with info about which line of hypos an individual is from, and to have "standardized" identification (we all use the same names) for these lines, so that people can still rely (as much as possible anyway) on being able to produce hypos from Hypo X Hypo breedings. The goals of this cooperative effort are to try to get some answers. :)

Nope, Darin... I don't have any Dream hypos... Serp has one... I have an Ultra hypo. It'll be a while before we can test Dream X Ultra, but if Ultra proves to be Trans, or Dream proves to be HypoA, we won't need to. It'll all just depend on how things go.

-Kat

Trans Hypo Test breedings 2004

I am looking forward to next years test breedings with the Trans Hypos. These test breedings should answer some question, but may create more. The Trans Hypos are only homo for one hypo gene so that will help with our conclusions. The Ultra Hypos seem to be the biggest wild card. It seems like many of the Ultras are homo or het for another hypo gene based upon some test breedings to the Regular Hypo. I know it is not possible to know which morph a particular snake is by looks alone, but sometimes, with experience, you can make educated guesses.

I suspect that the Dream Hypo is Type A Hypo (Standard/Regular) for two reasons. The first is the “LOOK” When I compare the Dream Hypo to an Okeetee Hypo that was created with the Regular Hypo gene, the look of the two is extremely similar. Rich Z’s Hypo Okeetee, and Don S. Hypo Okeetee’s were created with the Regular Hypo gene and Okeetees. They look amazingly similar to Serps Dream Hypo.

The second reason I suspect that the Dream Hypo is compatible with the Regular Hypo, is by examining the story behind the Dream Hypo. A light colored wild caught Okeetee male was used to begin the line. Wild caught snakes vary in shade of color quite a bit. The fact that the wild caught snake was nicer looking than others, is no definite indication that it is carrying a hidden recessive gene. Now that I have said that, it is amazing how many times that possible hets, that are lighter than their siblings are in fact carrying the hidden recessive gene for hypo, but that is another story.

He obtained a “Pure” Okeetee female from a west coast breeder. F1 offspring were hatched and raised up and produced F2 hatchlings that containing Hypo Corns which he called “Dream” Hypos. Sounds good so far, but amels were also produced as F2’s and were blamed on a “stray” amel gene. If the “Pure” Okeetee female had a “stray” amel gene it is very unlikely that she was pure and could have easily carried a stray “Regular” hypo gene as well. She could have easily been the cause of the hypos being produced and not the light colored wild caught male.

Some of our confusion with the hypos, is caused by people putting names on them, that are based upon what the snake looks like rather than the hypo gene it is homozygous for and not telling others that it is just a very nice regular hypo or they just don‘t know. Dream Hypos were not claimed to be a new hypo gene, but rather a line of Hypos, and I suspect that they are most likely created with the Regular old hypo gene. I don’t know anything yet about the “Pumpkin” Hypos yet, but since there is no claim that they are a new hypo gene, it is more than likely another name based upon looks and it is just another Regular Hypo corn or one of the other known hypos, but the person who named them doesn‘t know what they have.

The Ultra Hypos and Trans Hypos have the same “LOOK”. The Ultra is a result of out crossed breedings with normal corns, I would suspect because the story says that they came from one wild caught corn. The Trans Hypos I sent Kat and Serp are from out crossed breedings and the resemblances to the Ultra are many. The similar “LOOK” of the Ultra and Trans makes me suspect that they are the same hypo gene. I found a little bit of the story behind the Ultra Hypos. Mike Falcon said they were from a wild caught snake that was very unusual looking. If the Ultra’s are from a wild caught snake then it is very un likely that it is compatible with the Trans. This information is not first hand, so I don’t know if Falcon caught the snake, or was told it was wild caught, or was told the Ultra was from wild caught. It would be helpful to track down the origins of the Ultra story and see what information can be confirmed and where the snake was supposed to be caught. We need to know if the wild caught story was just passed along through many people or can be traced to one individual with first hand knowledge.

Kathy Love and I suspected that the Sunkissed and Trans were not compatible because they did not have the same “LOOK”. It is hard to describe what we mean by that, but it is more than just the differences in a look of a corn form different geographic areas. It is the effect of the hypo gene on the normal colors of the corns, that is the “LOOK”.

Since Serp and I both suspect the Dreams are just very nice Regular Hypos, it might be better to test breed the Dream with a know Regular Hypo and if we get hypos we will know. Test breeding the Dream with the Trans will most likely produce normal hatchlings and we will know that they are not compatible, but we still won’t know what the Dreams are. We will just know that the Dreams are not from the Trans line. My pure Trans Hypo Okeetee’s look similar to the Dreams, but do not have the same “LOOK”. The Dreams have the “LOOK” of Type A (Regular Hypo).

know it is not possible to know which morph a particular snake is by looks alone, but sometimes, with experience, you can make educated guesses.

I'll bet Rich will disagree with this. :D

I'm not looking to split hairs, but why is there a tendency to keep referring to the stock as "Pure Okeetee"? (I don't want to turn this into a "locale" vs. "the look" argument.) There are two accepted definitions that the industry uses to label a particular animal as an Okeetee. It is either 1) caught on the Hunt Club grounds, or 2) it is brightly colored with broad, bold, black outlines. With that in mind, if these "pure Okeetees" aren't from the Hunt Club and don't have broad, bold, black outlines because it is Hypo, why isn't it a Normal corn snake? :confused:

The way this is being portrayed, the "Okeetee" is being marketed as some magical morph generator. IMO, that is confusing an already complicated Hypo discussion.

Okeetee Look, Genetic Okeetee, Hunt Club Okeetee I

Hi Cav,

The “Pure” Okeetee that I was referring to was the story told by the guy who created the Dream Hypo.( See the Trans Hypo/ Blue Ice thread) I agree with you that the Okeetee name has too many meanings, at least two in your opinion. The Okeetee Corn Snake is a description of the look of a corn in the hobby today. Agree with it or not, that is the way it is used by a majority of corn snake enthusiasts. A wild Caught Okeetee or their dissidence would be just that I guess, “Wild Caught” Okeetees. My Trans Hypo Okeetees came from wild caught Okeetees from the Okeetee Hunt Club area. I have good information that this is true, but can not directly connect them with the Hunt Club Property. They came from the Ridgeland Zoo and were bred from wild caught Okeetees which were collected by locally buffs like yourself in the early 1990’s. It would seem that locality buffs from the 80’s, 90’s and today had the same general mind set about what a wild caught Okeetee was. Some of you may have been Okeetee locality buffs from all of these decades.

I have just began to try to acquire wild caught Okeetees to breed to my Trans Hypo Okeetee line to keep the line pure. I am amazed at the differences of opinion about what a wild caught Okeetee is. I have found some that are collected from the Hunt Club Properties or F1’s from wild caught from the Hunt Club, so to you, they would qualify. I have read many of the threads about this subject and I do not totally agree with everyone’s opinions about what a Okeetee Corn is, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. It seems that the locality buffs are stuck on snakes caught on the Okeetee Hunt Club properties. I wish that I was in that area and could collect some Okeetees for myself, but for most of us, that is not possible. Are we talking about the exact capture site of a corn snake or its genetic make up?

Perhaps we should call the Okeetees collected on the Hunt Club properties, locality, locality Okeetees and perhaps call them something like “Hunt Club Okeetees”. This is where my opinion of what a wild caught Okeetees differs from locality buffs that only except that a wild caught Okeetee is from the Hunt Club. Granted the name “Okeetee” came from the Hunt Club. Wild populations of corns or any other snakes are not confined to private property lines. Perhaps they can be contained by geographic barriers, but not prosperity lines drawn on a map. The population of corns which contains the same genetic make up of corn snakes caught on the Hunt Club is much larger than 55,000 acres or something like that. The population with the same DNA make up as the corns caught on the Hunt Club would have a much broader range than the Hunt Club Properties and are therefore the same. If you want to collect and maintain wild caught “Hunt Club” Okeetees then I think that is great.

I bet if you really got serious about this and checked the DNA from a wild caught corn from the Hunt Club and one collected a mile away or even 10 miles away or maybe in the next county, you would find that they are from the same population and have the same genetic make up. I am unable to collect corn snakes from the Hunt Club area, but you are and so are many of the locality buffs who collect Okeetees. I accept your opinion of what a Okeetee Corn Snake is, but it differs from mine. It is within the locality buffs capability who are able to collect corns in the area to record the exact locations of captured corns by GPS and have them DNA tested and once and for all prove that the only Okeetees caught in the wild are confined to the Hunt Club Properties. This would not be extremely expensive and would once in for all prove that you are right. I suspect that it would prove that you are wrong, unless we use Hunt Club Okeetees as an exact locality of capture instead of the genetic make up of the corns, then you would be right.

Why is an Okeetee collected on the Hunt Club properties more desirable and therefore better than one collected on one of the adjoining properties. A corn snake could be captured on the Hunt Club Properties one day, photographed and released, and caught by you one mile away in a month or so and you would discard it as not being an Okeetee, when if fact it was captured on the Hunt Club Properties before and spent time on the Hunt Club Property which would qualify it to you as being an Okeetee.

You are right, we don’t need to get into the Okeetee Corn Snake debate, but I have not voiced my opinion about the subject. I am going to buy wild caught “Hunt Club” Okeetees. Do I think they are better than one collected one mile down the road, NO! They do remove all debate about the issue as to whether or not they are Okeetees. They are the snakes of the legend. What should we call wild caught corns 10 feet or one mile away from the Hunt Club. It seems like you want to call them “Normal Corns” which they definitely are not! They are wild caught corn snakes from where? Should we call them Wild Caught Jasper County Corns Snakes or “I can see the Hunt Club Properties” Corn Snakes? Or “I was a Hunt Club Okeetee but I crawled across the road and now I am a Normal” Corn Snake.

You say generic tomato, I say HWY 277, third cut on the left tomato

Joe,

You are talking to a Grayband locale purist so my answer to your questions is very simple:

1) If it is collected on the Hunt Club property, then it is a "pure Okeetee" and can be documented as such.

2) If it was collected across the street or 2 miles away then it isn't a pure Okeetee, it is in fact a Jasper County and can only be documented as such.

Both snakes could be from the same parents and could even be clutch mates but that is really immaterial to this argument.

Again, this has nothing to do with Hunt Club vs. non-locale black lined corns. It has to do with focusing on the honesty and accuracy of the "collection data". If someone posts that they have a genuine, pure Okeetee but there is nothing to document that it was collected from the contiguous 55,000 acres of the club, then that isn't honest. (This is a generic statement about a hypothetical poster and not you specifically. :))

My point: If you have a beautiful Okeetee-like pattern on your snake and want to call it an Okeetee, fine by me, just don't refer to it as a "pure Okeetee". But I digress. Numerous times you have referred to the original snakes as "pure Okeetees". My intent of posting to this thread is that the linages of your lines are not "pure Okeetees" carrying a TBD hypo gene. In your own post, the scientist that sold you the originals said that they were collected in Jasper County, but that he wasn't the collector:Okeetee post

So why continue to refer to them as "pure Okeetee"? I think it is great that you are taking such care to prove your success in breeding a TBD hypo gene. But why complicate the issue by constantly throwing in the "pure Okeetee" references that meets neither the locale definition nor the physical description and does nothing to solve the hypo conundrum?

Clear as mud?? :D

This is like saying someone becomes an adult on their 18th birthday. In reality there is no such thing as a "true Okeetee" or "pure Okeetee" or whatever "it's for real(tm)" label that locale people want to stick on it.

Everyone has their own definition. Foaming at the mouth about your definition doesn't make it more valid than someone else's.

In reality there is no such thing as a "true Okeetee" or "pure Okeetee" or whatever "it's for real(tm)" label that locale people want to stick on it........ Foaming at the mouth about your definition doesn't make it more valid than someone else's.

Uh, isn't that just another opinion given as "your" definition? :)

I think you missed CAV's point entirely. He clearly stated that he wasn't arguing for locale or look, but for honesty in advertising. One can completely set aside the locality argument and there remains the issue of a seller calling his product okeetee when in fact it is simply a hypomelanistic cornsnake. How can you have the trademark black borders of an okeetee present if it is hypo? Think about it.

Jasper County Corn Snake

It is clear as dried up mud, but I accept your opinion of what an Okeetee Corn Snake is. Hopefully, this is just friendly discussion about differences of opinion. Mine just happens to be different than yours. It is extremely unfortunate that everybody in the snake hobby has not kept better records of the lineages of the snakes they own, especially from wild caught snakes. Many of the Okeetee Corns Snakes that some of us have, who have been in the hobby for a while, could be traced back to the exact locality of capture. I have seen so many people come and go in this hobby or business, it is amazing. I have a hard time remembering the people I bought snakes from 20 years ago or even 10 years ago sometimes and many of those snakes are no longer with us. What if I could remember the name of the person I bought them from, it still may have no meaning to you at all.

I totally agree with you that when the Okeetee name is placed upon normal corn snakes in an attempt to get higher prices for the normal corns it is wrong. I guess to me a normal corn is a normal colored corn, with no know ancestry, or no special ancestry that I would wholesale to the pet trade. I am not pointing fingers at you or anybody else specifically, but it also seems to me that locality buffs totally slam anybody’s Okeetees that can not be traced to the person who captured them, in an attempt to pronounce their Okeetees as being better and therefore, worth more money. This is very similar to the objective of people adding the Okeetee name to normals to get higher prices for their snakes. Offspring from a wild caught snake in the vicinity of the Hunt Club, to me has the same value as offspring from some caught on the Hunt Club Property, but not to you. When people buy snakes like the Okeetees from wild caught snakes they are told a story. It may be true or not, but the names of the actual collector of the snakes are not normally passed on. If I did have a name of the collector of the wild caught snake which the Trans Hypo came from and it was lets say, “John Doe”, and you did not know him, would this still disqualify or qualify them as being Okeetees? John Doe could have collected a wild caught Okeetee from the Hunt Club Property the same as anybody else. I have been inquiring about purchasing wild caught snakes from the Hunt Club. Sometimes, they tell me that they have actually collected them, but most of the time they say they buy all that collectors can find. Even If they told me who the collector was, it would have no real meaning to me, because I don’t know them and could not verify that they were actually the one who collected the snakes.

I place a higher price and pride of ownership on Hunt Club Okeetees and will own some very soon. The wild caught snakes which the trans hypo line came from were actually captured in the Okeetee area, what ever that means. I will attempt to find out more information about them. Gordon Schuett’s brother was working at the Ridgeland Zoo and obtained these snakes from collectors of locality Okeetees. Who knows, Schuett’s brother may just know who he obtained them from and if he is still into snakes, may be able to relate a more accurate story to me. If this person, is unknown to you, then it may mean nothing at all. I know if I captured Okeetees from the Hunt Club and bred them and sold them to a guy who works at the Zoo, I would probably still remember the incident. I have very vivid memories of my snake hunting expeditions and each snake that I have captured.

At what point in the history of Okeetee Corn Snakes did they have to be collected on the Hunt Club Property? I really don’t know much about it. Obviously, the collectors in the area would know much more. Was this something, that began in the 50’s and has never changed or something that new collectors of these snake has decided what a Okeetee is. Collector in the area, may have passed down the information to new collectors in the area, or they are all gone and new comers have established there own opinions of what a Okeetee is. I was reading through one of the threads the other day and I think it was Rich Z, but it could have been anybody, it doesn’t matter. They said something like, once a collector like yourself collects a snake from the Okeetee Hunt Club and breeds them in captivity and then selects the best looking offspring to breed in the future they are no longer what would occur in the wild. The response is what caught my attention. They said, Well, the genetic make up of the snake is still the same, even if we are selectively breeding them. I guess that once a wild caught snake is bred in captivity and F1’s are produced the only connection to the Hunt Club, other than the parents were capture there, is their genetic make up, which is my point about a snake caught on an adjoining property.

I am not trying to complicate the hypo issue, by referring to the wild caught corn snakes as “Pure Okeetees” I guess my references to the “Purity” of the line, is the fact that the hypo gene was produced from F2’s from wild caught stock from Jasper County with no other corns bred into the line. Will you except that? They were sold to me as Okeetee Corn Snakes from wild caught stock in the vicinity of the Hunt Club, at a reasonable price. My success in breeding the Trans Hypos is nothing to pound my chest about. Anybody, who can breed corn snakes could have done the same thing. The only thing that I have done, which may or may not be of any value to someone, is maintain some Okeetees (Jasper County Corns) in my collection that are still direct dissidence from the wild caught line. This can not be said for most of the other recessive traits that may have popped up over time. Lets take the amel gene for example. If the amel gene originated from a wild caught snake and was produce from a know locality, and kept pure over the last many years by somebody, by only breeding them to other locality snakes from the same area, would that be worth anything to somebody. If I had gotten out of snakes altogether, then the story behind the Trans Hypos would not be known, but somebody eventually would have test bred them and pronounced it as being a new hypo gene. The only difference is that the story would have been quite different and not traceable very far or not accurate.

I guess I have a couple of last questions for you. If you catch a corn snake on the Hunt Club Property and produce F1’s and then F2’s and a anery gene, amel, aberrant gene or any other recessive gene is produced from them what would you do? Will they have the same value to you as a normal colored corn from there or would you destroy them or something like that. I guess the reason I ask, is because it seems that wild caught corns from the Hunt Club, with any aberrances at all are the first offered for sale, because it is one of the signs that a snake is not Pure Okeetee, even if it was caught on the property and is in fact pure Okeetee.

AggieTiff said:

I think you missed CAV's point entirely. He clearly stated that he wasn't arguing for locale or look, but for honesty in advertising. One can completely set aside the locality argument and there remains the issue of a seller calling his product okeetee when in fact it is simply a hypomelanistic cornsnake. How can you have the trademark black borders of an okeetee present if it is hypo? Think about it.
No, I got CAV's point, and I disagreed with it. You missed my point.

CAV said:
So why continue to refer to them as "pure Okeetee"? I think it is great that you are taking such care to prove your success in breeding a TBD hypo gene. But why complicate the issue by constantly throwing in the "pure Okeetee" references that meets neither the locale definition nor the physical description...
CAV asserted that there is some undeniable, unarguable definition of "pure Okeetee." (His.)

There is no centralized authority which has created a definition for all to obey. Instead, the definition of a "locality" Okeetee corn is a matter of opinion, and whether or not he or you or anyone else likes it, said definition varies. It's not my "opinion" that it varies, it's a fact.

He clearly stated that he wasn't arguing for locale or look, but for honesty in advertising.
Yes, and then he turned around and clearly stated that his "definition" of "pure okeetee" is "the" definition, and Joe was "wrong" to use any other definition.
Numerous times you have referred to the original snakes as "pure Okeetees". My intent of posting to this thread is that the linages of your lines are not "pure Okeetees" carrying a TBD hypo gene.
So if I tell you, "dude, I don't mean to say that you're stupid, but dude, you are totally stupid," are you going to believe that I'm not telling you you're stupid? ;)

As far as the "look" thing, I also completely disagree. An Amelanistic Okeetee is not named such because it has thick black borders and bold black checkering on the belly. Instead, it is named because it is what one would expect from an amelanistic version of their idea of the Okeetee "look." It is the Amelanistic version of "Okeetee."

Likewise, Hypomelanistic Okeetee doesn't mean thick black borders... it's a hypo. Show me a bunch of hypos, of any stock, with thick black borders. Find some people who know how an Okeetee is "supposed" to differ from normals, and how a hypo is "supposed" to differ from normals, and ask them what a "Hypo Okeetee" should look like... ;)

Ohhh...way too deep!

What would you all do if I were to tell you that I have heard from a reliable source that, way back when captive bred corn snakes were not sold in the pet trade they were released in areas like the "Okeetee" hunt club or Jasper Co.?

That would really throw a monkey wrench in the whole "locality" arguement wouldn't it! ;)

Serp,

It is clear from past posts that you are unable to acknowledge points of view that differ from your own regarding Okeetees:
Okeetee discussion
Another okeetee discussion

This is my definition of an Okeetee, as stated in this thread:
CAV: “There are two accepted definitions that the industry uses to label a particular animal as an Okeetee. It is either 1) caught on the Hunt Club grounds, or 2) it is brightly colored with broad, bold, black outlines.”
This is what was used in the past as Serp's definition of an Okeetee. Specifically:
Serp: “there are two valid definitions to the word "Okeetee" when applied to cornsnakes. One was the original meaning, and another has evolved over time”
and here specifically:
"The consistent expectation of "Okeetee" is "it's supposed to have bold black and bright colors."
Hmm. It seems that we are fairly consistent in our usage Serp.

A point does needs to be clarified if we are to continue. In your last post you stated:
”As far as the "look" thing, I also completely disagree.”
Yet, this is from an older post by Serp:
"As far as Okeetee being a locality, yes it is a locality. As far as Okeetee being a look, yes it is a look."….”Thus my assertion that they're equally valid.”
So which is it?

In the post, I asked Joe:
"if these "pure Okeetees" aren't from the Hunt Club and don't have broad, bold, black outlines because it is Hypo, why isn't it a Normal corn snake?"
This is exactly the same as Serp saying that Okeetees are a variant of "normal"

So that brings us to this quote from Serp:
"he (CAV) turned around and clearly stated that his "definition" of "pure okeetee" is "the" definition, and Joe was "wrong" to use any other definition.
Serp, I've documented that you and I use the exact same definitions. Doesn’t that mean that since I'm wrong, then we both are?? I greatly respect the depth of your genetics knowledge. You disagree with me and that is fine. However, I resent your insinuation that I said
"I don't mean to say that you're stupid, but dude, you are totally stupid”
Disagreeing with my opinions is one thing, misrepresentation them is another.

Aggietiff,
Thanks for the support.

Joe,
I hope that you understand the actual intent of my two posts and didn’t misread it as badly as Serp did. My only concern is ensuring that this is an honest effort to determine the impact of the Hypo gene on our hobby. I wish you nothing but the best in determining the scope of your project. I humbly apologize for sidetracking this thread. :)

Clint,
Thanks for calling the timeout.

Now back to Hypo discussion......

Back