• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Home made incubator or pre made? Your opinion?

greenman

Well! Im into some first year breeding next year and i cannot wait! I am expecting 2-3 clutches of eggs so it will be a good start to breeding! hahah

I am not at the point in which I am considering a Hovabator purchase OR considering how to make my own incubator. If price were not a factor, would you prefer, or do you, choose to use a pre made incubator? Or more comfortable with making your own?

Just your thoughts, I am unsure as to which I am going to do at the moment although an easy 100 dollars on a hovabator seems like a logical decision at this time!

Thanks!

My incubator is an igloo cooler and a submersible aquarium heater. Cheap and works just fine for four clutches :*)

I emailed all my local friends that I was looking for a college dorm refrigerator. I had one in my house in less than 72 hours, gutted it and turned it into an incubator and it was free, the kids parents just wanted it out of their house.

I built my own incubator. I used melamine and Styrofoam insulation. It fits nine clutches. With heating and Thermostat is cost just over 100 dollars.

snakeroom005.jpg

snakeroom008.jpg

44.99 egg incubator from tractor supply works awesome. I use ziplock containers, I get 4 clutches per incubator. I do not add water to the incubator but keep each individual container moist.

I made my own from insulated cardboard boxes, heated with a standard UTH attached to a standard thermostat. It's spare kit I usually have around anyway in case of breakdowns, plus stuff about to be put out for the garbage/recycling. Effectively, no cost to me.

Never had a "bought" incubator and don't feel like I needed one.

Oh!! I have an old "beer" fridge in my garage! If I get a thermostat and some heat tape it could be dandy!

Well it WAS a retired beer fridge, for the last year its been an active cheese cake fridge!!

What, is it showing? ;)

My friend bought a reptibator that he never ended up using. I only have 3 clutches this year, what do you think?

Back