• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Tango the Cayenne Fire

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
Earlier this morning I received my male cayenne fire hatchling from Don Soderberg at SMR! We named him Tango, and oh man what a handsome boy he is!

He was bright and alert, very calm and curious. We showed him off on live stream for a few minutes before letting him settle into his new viv.

D4lhhiOl.jpg

Apparently he was very thirsty after his long trip from Texas to Ohio, so once he found the water bowl he took a nice long drink!

fEo9DGzl.jpg

He was a little tough to photograph, and I want to let him settle in a bit before I disturb him again to take more. Last I checked on him, he was happily exploring the piece of driftwood in his cage, then crawled into the fake plant to hide from the scary human! I'm really looking forward to watching his colors change over time. :) More pictures next week!

Snake's drinking is so eerie to watch. For some reason, I've never thought about snakes drinking before. So adorable.

It is the cutest thing ever. I love watching mine drink. After handling, and before putting my snake back in its viv, I always offer a drink just so I get the treat of watching her sip at the water all dainty like.

It was so cute when he noticed the water, like he was thinking, "Oh thank goodness!" and just started gulping it down. ^_^ He's snoozing in his fake plant now. I went up to check on him a bit ago and he peeked his little nose out at me for a sec.

I couldn't resist sneaking into his viv for another quick pic. He just looked so cozy, all curled up under his little log.

j1nUmgyl.jpg

I love Cayenne fires! My male came from Don too and keeps getting brighter to this day. Awesome snakes.

I love that last pic of him all curled up - that is too cute! Congrats - sounds like you got a great little guy :)

Tango had his first meal with me Saturday night! :licklips:

See the mighty predator striking his prey:
Iq4bFRI.gif

I wasn't expecting him to take it there, I was just kind of showing him, "Hey look...I have food!" But he seemed to have a solid hold, so I let go and set him down. He gobbled it down no problem and spent the next two nights snoozing it off in his warm hide.

Today he took a nice big poo. On me, of course. :rolleyes: I should have known that dark spot on his belly was a little too far down to be safe.

Amazingly beautiful snake there!

I feel your pain, mine poops on me often enough you would think I would have figured out when not to hold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some decent cell pics today!

Somebody shed the other day!
DJ1GkgMl.jpg

Cruisin' along!
bWJZ1Hjl.jpg

Is it food time yet?
gXxrBv6l.jpg

Yeah, lunch time!
JM6aiLfl.jpg

Riiiiight, nose first.
PnPP3eUl.jpg

Going...
2aSLqwxl.jpg

Going...
838tAEtl.jpg

Going...
TebJNcRl.jpg

Gone!
TKouUz2l.jpg

:eatpointe

If anyone ever asks how can snakes be cute, just show them these pictures.

So adorable! Congrats on the beautiful color and complete shed.

Last edited:
uLhmyAym.jpg

Somebody got measured today! He's about 34 cm long, up from 31 cm at the end of last month. I weighed him, but he still hasn't pooped from his last meal so I'll wait to re-weigh just before food time on Tuesday. :)

"Hmm," Tango says, "That long, narrow thing with the numbers would make a great hide for those times I just wanna stretch out!"

Seriously, he's so cute. Growing right along. Looking forward to the weigh in.

Last edited:
"Hmm," Tango says, "That long, narrow thing with the numbers would make a great hide for those times I just wanna stretch out!"

Seriously, he's so cute. Growing right along. Looking forward to the weigh in.

Hah! I have found him somewhat stretched out under his big plant, but I think he was just in explore mode and froze when he saw I'd spotted him. Silly noodle!

Finally figured out how to get him to settle down for a cute curled up shot!

Attachments

• JJwpj90l.jpg
    JJwpj90l.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 135
So Tango is now 10g teetering towards 11. He's actually starting to look a bit bigger to me now. I nabbed a shot of him climbing up the side of his tub that reminded me of one I got the first week he was here.

Original:
oEjV3FMl.jpg

Yesterday:
TYd2Ij0l.jpg

More cute photos just because:
g22aFgtl.jpg

QM5laVwl.jpg

Tango got to meet Oscar briefly! Kitty was VERY interested, but Tango seemed to not really notice him.
dETGwFzl.jpg

Off-topic, I finally had a hatchling really nail me good, though it was a milk snake not a corn. He later coiled my finger and tried to eat it. It was cute! This happened over a week ago and there's still a mark on my wrist. :laugh:
CzrGruMm.jpg

Back