• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Selu the angry Sonoran gopher.

tricksterpup

I has nuttin to Say.
What I love about this girl is her scale pattern, it just reminds me of bead work.
So different from Corn snakes. I highly recommend having one of these guys.
By the way, her and her mate are het for albino.
Seluhead.jpg

seluback.jpg

lefty_mussolini said:
Nothing more impressive than a pissed off pituophis. Very cool. :)

Heh heh. I've had several convince me for just a second that they are actually rattlesnakes. But then I see through their bluff and catch them anyway. I'm surprised your pet is angry enough that you have to wear gloves! The wild ones I've caught have always settled right down after just a nibble or two. But she sure doesn't look like she's kidding! lol! Nice looking girl!

Has she tagged you already? You certainly aren't taking any chances with those gloves!!
Beautiful looking snake - I agree, the scale pattern is awesome :)

Wow, she's gorgeous! I love her face- especially her eyes. Do you think she'll always be so angry?

Nanci

LOL... Just looking at those eyes would be enough for me to wear 2 pair of leather gloves... I have never seen a snake with so much expression in it's face.. Beautiful girl you have there.

Well that is my girlfriend who is holding her. She didnt want to take any chances. I sometimes will hold her with out the gloves but I am usually cautious when holding a grumpy snake this big. But we are going to get her used to being handled, if she likes it or not. Her mate is a gentle lamb. Hardly hisses or argues with me at all.

Here is a picture of my Pacific Gopher, Coyote.
coyote.jpg

mbdorfer said:
OK.......Stop!
I can't take on another species right now you "pusher" :grin01:
Love that look in the first pic :cool:
My sentiments exactly. I can't handle another addictive species, ATM...so stop...before I change my mind ;).

I can't believe how incredibly attractive a snake that is THAT angry can look. Awesome girl! :cheers: :cheers:

She is gorgeous! I've thought about a gopher or two, but I always seem to find something else I like more.. lol... Keep the pics coming though! Always love seeing gorgeous snakes!

Jenn

coloradoflower31 said:
My snake's name is Selu! Are you aware that the name is Cherokee for "corn"?
Actually Selu is the Goddess of Corn, my male is named Kenati.

The Origin of Grain and of Corn. Cherokee tale online at Stonee Web Lodge. This tale says "Kenati, a Cherokee Indian hunter and his wife Selu, lived on Looking-glass Mountain in North Carolina. They had a little son named Good Boy." This version is similar to the one retold by Haley (below). Good Boy and Wild Boy, who emerges mysteriously from the water, cause many kinds of mischief, and spy on the Corn Mother.

Selu

I am aware of the tale but selu really does mean corn. I am Cherokee and even though I am not fluent, I took two years of Cherokee Language in College. There are different dialects as well, especially when you compare the Carolina's with Oklahoma, but even just in Oklahoma. "Inada" pronounced EENAWDUH is the word for snake. "Cherokee" is even a Choctaw word! It's actually Jalagi (JAWLAWGEE) sometimes spelled Tsalagi
Born & Raised in Oklahoma...my Uncle Darell is the Cherokee Nation's Supreme Court Justice (Judicial Appeals Tribunal)

tricksterpup said:
Actually Selu is the Goddess of Corn, my male is named Kenati.

The Origin of Grain and of Corn. Cherokee tale online at Stonee Web Lodge. This tale says "Kenati, a Cherokee Indian hunter and his wife Selu, lived on Looking-glass Mountain in North Carolina. They had a little son named Good Boy." This version is similar to the one retold by Haley (below). Good Boy and Wild Boy, who emerges mysteriously from the water, cause many kinds of mischief, and spy on the Corn Mother.

Kenati & Selu

I think they are beautiful names for a beautiful couple! It's also very cultural...really cool! You can see pictures of my Selu on this site as well. Mine is not that big of course. How's the temperment on the gophers, anyway?

coloradoflower31 said:
I think they are beautiful names for a beautiful couple! It's also very cultural...really cool! You can see pictures of my Selu on this site as well. Mine is not that big of course. How's the temperment on the gophers, anyway?
The first picture should say it all.

Wow that snake is way cool. Have you had her since she was little? I had a gopher long ago when I was a kid and I never saw it look like that.
I guess there's all kinds of personalities though..
I also concur on those scales- Very nice beaded look.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back