• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Jewel tones: sunglow stripe hatchlings

poppycorn

Luv my bright-eyed jewels
The sunglow stripes from Citrus x Sunny D have shed and have had several meals now. There seem to be both gold ones and red ones. It will be interesting to see how the two different colors mature. Citrus is the golden snake in my avatar, she has gold flecks that glow in the late evening sun. I was hoping for a male keeper that looks just like her. With 12 males and 6 females in the clutch, it looks like I will have plenty to choose from!

I have the saturation turned way down on my camera so these colors are pretty accurate.

July08_0046 Citrus Clutch closeup.jpg

July08_0046 Citrus Clutch.jpg

July08_0006 Citrus red & gold.jpg

They are so beautiful! I just want to hold the whole clutch in my hands and let them slither!

Absolutely gorgeous! I can only imagine how incredible they're going to look as they mature.

Wow, these babies are amazing! Where in California are you?

Thanks! I am really enjoying them, they are so bright and most are agressive, comical eaters. But soon I will have to choose keepers and part with many of them. I'm in Modesto.

Wow, they look different in stripes. I think I like, but it would be a waste to breed one to a motley, so I'll just admire :)

Well I think I really want one that you decide not to keep. I was asking where you live to see if pick up would be cheaper than shipping, but with gas prices I think shipping might be cheaper.
A few years ago I took a train ride to San Francisco, and it was about $100 round trip. I'm sure the prices have gone up since then!

Can I be on the waiting list for one of these if it is not already full? :D
How much will they be, and what is shipping to 97401? I'll have to start saving up now, every one of these guys looks like they will be screamers!

:(:( I only wish I was within shipping reach!!!all the best to you and your little new comers.You'll have to keep us updated on their color changes as they grow!Very nice:)

poppycorn, are you selling any of those sunglow stripes yet?

I have been holding off selling most of them until I saw how they would color up. So far I have about 6 keepers and a bunch more that it will be a wrench to let go. I'll post picts as soon as I get a chance.

Back