• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

40 gallon breeder

shooterKD

OK, so I've got a great deal on the table here and am just looking for some opinions before I take the deal...

Does anyone think a 40 gallon breeder tank would be overkill for a corn? Dimensions are 36"Long X 18"Wide X 12"Tall. I know lots keep their corns in smaller tanks and have read that a 20 gallon long is ideal for an adult corn, but would the extra footprint, although lack of height, be suitable for a corn? Assuming of course, that I put in extra hides and decor to use the extra floor space...

Lemme know what y'all think...

THANX

I think an active adult corn would love that much space. 20L is considered the _minimum_ size to put an adult in.

All my adult corns are in 40 gallon tanks and they seem to like it better then 20 or 30 gallon tanks.

Here is a picture of Merlin's tank when I first got it, he was much happier, you can kind of see him exploring in the background.

Attachments

• 1108081350c.jpg
    1108081350c.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 74
I wouldn't think so. My yearling is in a 36x18x18 (equiv. of 50 gallons, I've heard?) and she seems to love it... She's out tons more than she was in her 20L...

Thanx to those who have replied. Based on your recommendations, I will definitely be taking this deal! I figured more is always better, but wasn't sure about a corn actually using all the space... I'll get some pics up when all is said and done...

I have a 55gal for my big guy, Kieran and sometimes I feel guilty as I feel he should have more room... of course, he is 5'5"...

I don't think the 40 would be too much if the deal is a good one.

Back