• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A few questions.

SharkBait1992

so i somehow managed to get my grandma who is/was pretty scared of snakes to allow me to get one as long as it stays in my room, but i also have to get my grandpa to agree and thats proving to be tougher than i thought because he is really not a big fan of them, any advice on ways to get him to agree? also if he does say yes i have been thinking about where to get my snake from, is it safe for me to have a snake shipped to arizona in this heat i would hate to have a doa because it was way too hot, but i dont really want to but one from petsmart even though they seemed to be in pretty good shape when i got to hold them the other day.

i wonder if there are any here in yuma, to google! i know there are some in tuscon and stuff but that is like a 3 and a half hour car ride and because i dont have a license yet my grandparents would have to drive me, I dont think they would be up for it lol

If your having a hard time getting your grandfather to agree.... Tell him, I now pets of any sort are a big responsibility, but I'd really like to here your specific objections to having a pet snake so I can see if there is some way I can work on fixing what you may see as a potential problem or issue. Listen, don't talk. Just wait and listen. If he talks, then continue to listen and nod. But don't open your mouth until he is done no matter how excited you get. If he asks you a question answer it. Come to the table prepared to explain how your going to feed and take care of this animal properly or what it will entail to do so. But, also come to the table prepared to simply say, "You've made some excellent points. I'll research those points and then I'll get back with you if that is okay?" Just me 2 cents, but it may help.

Welp I talked to my grandpa and turns out he is deathly afraid of snakes :/ so I wont be getting one until I get an apartment but I might be getting a job very soon so that puts me one step closer to a snake :D Still bummed :( but I will live, I have waited about 5 months already whats another who knows how many. Thanks for the replies and trying to help out I really appreciate it!!

That's such a shame, but sometimes a fear like that just can't be overcome.

Props to you for being so well prepared and being willing to do your research in advance. Hopefully you at least have yourself a head-start when you're in a position to buy your own Corn.

Good luck for the future :)

As Bitsy mentioned above, in the meantime research into the care of your future snake is the best thing that you can do (knowledge is power). Also, for future reference even though this breeding season is coming to a close, here is a list of contributing members who are breeders (listed by state) - maybe you can contact one of them rather than the petshop option.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76317

That's such a shame, but sometimes a fear like that just can't be overcome.

Props to you for being so well prepared and being willing to do your research in advance. Hopefully you at least have yourself a head-start when you're in a position to buy your own Corn.

Good luck for the future :)

Thank you! I sure have learned a lot from the site and i will just use this time to learn as much as I can til the time comes.

As Bitsy mentioned above, in the meantime research into the care of your future snake is the best thing that you can do (knowledge is power). Also, for future reference even though this breeding season is coming to a close, here is a list of contributing members who are breeders (listed by state) - maybe you can contact one of them rather than the petshop option.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76317

Thank you, I would much rather have one from a breeder directly than a pet shop, so hopefully at the time I'm looking to buy it will be much cool enough out that I can get them shipped safely.

Also another question, I dont think Yuma itself has reptile expos but if I went to the Pheonix or San Diego area for an expo and got snakes is there anything specific I would need to do for the 3 and a half hour-ish car ride back?

Back