• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A question about humid hides

Dinah

So I think that Zelda might be getting ready to shed. This will be her first shed with us and since she is a snow I am not positive that she is actually in blue. However her eyes look like they are not as red as they usually are so I have suspicions. We have a little tupperware thing with a hole cut in it that we plan to put in her viv as a humid hide, but I don't know where to put it. I assume that it goes on the warm side because the warmth will work with the moisture to make the hide humid, but assuming isn't always the best idea, so I figured I would check with ya'll. Where do you put the humid hide? Warm side, cool side, middle?

Thanks for your help!!!

I usually stick to the middle zone. There's still enough warmth to make it more humid than the outside atmosphere, whilst not forcing the snake to spend time in the warm zone if that's not what it needs.

Thanks Bitsy! I had to move her tree over just a bit, but I went ahead and stuck the hide right in the middle. She hasn't used it yet, but she is sure to find it when she comes out this evening.

Back