• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Adult Cage Size

CuriousHerping

This isn't a huge deal atm since I have a baby but I just want to make sure... would a 20 gallon long be acceptable for a adult or should I just get a 30 gallon long? Thanks!

20 gallon long would work for the snakes whole life. Though my vote is for either building a custom or getting something from animal plastics or pvc cages... something in the 36"x24"x15-18". Possibly 48"L and 24"H if feeling saucy, but those measurements would be overkill and only necessary for really active large adults.

My Adults are 50's. Since snakes have no limitations in nature, Why not give them plenty of room? You can put more Trees, Vines or whatever
and still have more room for the snake.

JMHO

The 20L's I had my adults in were barely big enough but they did look cramped. I've since moved them all to 40s and those are much better! If you have the space and money, I definitely recommend as big as you can get!

Oh I have about a thousand US dollars saved up for my reptile fund so I can afford a lot. I love love love pimping my cages out so if anyone could show me some picture of a good adult cage or their cage for examples, I would love you all forever. I was thinking myself something 30-50 gallons and I was going to get my boyfriend to build it. Just I need examples! :)

Well I'll show you an Exo Terra PT2613 which I have Six of, they're 36" long X 18" deep X 18" high.
I've raised babys in these by either dividing the viv or putting in his
hatchling tub. Petsmart $159.00 when on sale $199.00 when not.
Front loading makes it easier than an aquarium too. I have a large Male living in there now and he would be way too cramped in a 20L

Best of luck!

Attachments

• DSC02788.JPG
    DSC02788.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 66
Well I'll show you an Exo Terra PT2613 which I have Six of, they're 36" long X 18" deep X 18" high.
I've raised babys in these by either dividing the viv or putting in his
hatchling tub. Petsmart $159.00 when on sale $199.00 when not.
Front loading makes it easier than an aquarium too. I have a large Male living in there now and he would be way too cramped in a 20L

Best of luck!

Oh nice! :D I may have to look into this! Thank you for sharing. :)

Back