• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

AH Oh! This CAN NOT BE GOOD! Help?

sierraherps

Sean, Mary Ann & the kids
Most of ya know me and Whytsnake from the "Fat Boy or Gravid Gal" thread... Well GUESS WHAT?~!? IT IS PROOF POSITIVE! SHE IS A SHE... We woke up this am to 6 eggs!! But do not get excited for us... cuz there is something REALLY not right... I am hoping someone will look at this thread soon... And the pics and HOPEFULLY can tell me what the hell is going on??

DANGIT! Well.. at least the hubby is FINALLY calling "HIS HIM" a "HER" now! LOL oh yeah, also... Approx when do you know they are done laying? I know it can take up to a couple days... But like will they leave the box once they are done? Cuz she has been hangin tough with those 6 sick looking eggs for over 5 hours now... and NO MOVEMENT!

Should I be worried? :eek1:

Thankx in Advance... Here is a pic I took 10 minutes ago...

Eggs_A-_bad.jpg

PS: the eggs are hard... Sean said they almost look "COOKED" . But it is NOT that hot in there... approx running between 81 and 88 degrees...

PS: the eggs are hard... Sean said they almost look "COOKED" . But it is NOT that hot in there... approx running between 81 and 88 degrees...
To my eye, the eggs look a few days old. They do look like they were slugs. 81-88 is quite the extreme of temperatures, so it wouldn't surprise me if actual temps were even higher than that. :shrugs: Either way, you did find out he is a she and those eggs probably aren't going to hatch for you.

D80

OH PLEASE... someone SAY SOMETHING!?? Please?????

I am truly in need of information... EVEN IF IT ISN'T GOOD NEWS... Knowing SOMETHING is better than not knowing NOTHIN'......uhmmm I think... LOL

What do you want to know? The eggs are not alive. If she has more to lay, the more you check on her and bother her, the longer it will take.

Ahhh Finally... Thank You so much for your info... Although.. Nope. We have been keeping an AMAZINGLY close eye on her... And at 2 am this morning.. NO EGGS... at 4:45 am.... Those 6 you see here... And they really have not altered in look hardly at all since we first saw them.... Like I said... does not look like any of the "newly hatched" eggs I have seen here... Weird as hell huh!?!?!

BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING!
~Mary Ann

To my eye, the eggs look a few days old. They do look like they were slugs. 81-88 is quite the extreme of temperatures, so it wouldn't surprise me if actual temps were even higher than that. :shrugs: Either way, you did find out he is a she and those eggs probably aren't going to hatch for you.

D80

Oh.... Thank You Nancy... we have been trying to be very respectful and trying not to stress her at all.. This is her first time.. And she has already had a heck of a time at it... She is still SO BIG in the back end... I am really hoping that she may lay even just ONE viable egg!!! I WOULD TRULY BE HAPPY WITH EVEN JUST ONE!...

(hey it has been that kind of week... I will leave her completely alone for at least what... 3 , 5, hours?? The way her box is set up in the VIV... You have to take the Viv top off then the Box top... I have only done it 3 times since 4:45am today... But I will leave her to it..)

What do you want to know? The eggs are not alive. If she has more to lay, the more you check on her and bother her, the longer it will take.

1. They look like slugs or old eggs to me. either way, there not going to hatch live snakes.
2. if you can see an egg through the vent and it is not moving for a long time (I mean the egg) she may be eggbound.
3. it seems that you didn't see drizzt's post before nanci's, because after his post you still sounded like nobody had responded.
4. The best thing you can do is BE CALM and leave her alone. the more she gets stressed out the more likely it is that she will get eggbound. Your stress or nervousness might rub off on her. From my experience, that happens to animals.

I hope this post helps some

THANKX NANCY AND EVERYONE ELSE... That post from Rich is great... between you all and that... I feel I can remain calm now... It is hard for me to "comprehend" that "Snake Care" is usually SUCH a slow thing..LOL I hear "EGG BOUND" and think...OMG!! 911! LOL Then I learn from all of you.... not really a 911... and if it is... it is because it has been "WEEKS" lol not hours or even days...

Man My Grandfather would be JUST LOVING watching me at 46 yrs old... LEARNING PATIENCE LIKE I NEVER THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE... LMAO!!! I am sure he is watching this all from his perch as my Gaurdian Angel... just LAUGHING HIS FOOL HEAD OFF! lmao

Thank You all for being patient with me too... And I will try my very best not to panic so quickly.... (The operative word there of course is "TRY" lol)

Thankx again All..
Mary Ann

Patience is hard, I know. Last year I had my first clutch, it was near impossible to not check up every ten minutes. Once she dropped the clutch it was even harder, and I was GONE the weekend they started pipping (though that's probably for the better, as I would have checked on them A LOT.) Hopefully this year I can practise restraint :p

Back