• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

An easy way to thermoregulate....

Itsnowingcorns

Stuffy Brit
.....Or just plain laziness?!

Zigzaggy.jpg

Methinks it's both :)

All he has to to is move closer or further away from the lightbulb, lazy bugger...

Picture is blurry due to the uploading process, can anybody tell me how I can upload straight to this site without having to make the picture tiny?

Thanks

Yes it is in the viv, I've had some trouble with him touching it in his last viv and was going to buy a special cage you put round them. But when I moved him to this viv, out of all the long hours I've spent monitoring him I've not seen him touch the lightbulb, but the moment I do catch him doing it I'm going to buy the cage thing.

Itsnowingcorns said:
Yes it is in the viv, I've had some trouble with him touching it in his last viv and was going to buy a special cage you put round them. But when I moved him to this viv, out of all the long hours I've spent monitoring him I've not seen him touch the lightbulb, but the moment I do catch him doing it I'm going to buy the cage thing.

You mean after he burns himself??? Go get the screen thing... prevention is always better. :)

*Sigh* I thought somebody would say that, hehe and it was you! I asked my Mom ages ago if I could buy it and she said he's fine and not touching it anymore, I told her it's not good enough but there's no arguing with her... My step dad might make one, but ah well....

Not to beat a dead horse, but that is not good. Bulb can't be in the enclosure with snakes. Instead of going though all the solutions for the bulb. it would be much easier, and much safer for the animal, to change to an under tank heat source.

I would not heat the snake before I would use that bulb. You are truly flirting with having a dead snake. A short cold snap is all it would take for that snake to search out a little extra warmth.........

I mean all it will take is a small drop in room temps, not viv temps, and the snake will seek warmth. When that happens, the bulb is the only source and burns will result.

It doesn't matter if there is a thermostat, the snake could accidently touch the bulb while climbing around, like it is in the picture. A general rule for lamps and snakes is that they need to be outside the enclosure.

Itsnowingcorns said:
Well he never does touch the bulb (not saying that he wouldn't) and the temps in the room don't go down due to central heating,

But once is all it will take; it's your snake and your risk. ;)

Back