• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Baldie"

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
I figured I would start a progression thread on one of the normals that I hatched out this year. This guy isn't a normal normal. He was hatched from a normal X Normal het Anery A, amel, and Hypo. As far as I can tell, by talking to Don (Got the mom from him) there shouldn't be any Bloodred/diffused in this line.

This was his hatching picture:

IMG_1111_resize.jpg

And this is a picture from last night.

IMG_1383_resize.jpg

And, here is a belly shot from last night (not really good):

IMG_1384_resize.jpg

I will post updated pictures of this guy about once a month or if there is a significant change to him.

And just for info, these are the parents:
mom
Slither_2_800x600.jpg

Dad
Scooter_2_800x600.jpg

His name really fits him. How old is he in the latest picture? What is Anery "A?"

The parents are both so bright!

Nanci

He hatched in early July, so about a month and a half.

:-offtopic Anery A is the gene that removes red color. Looks like this guy:
Casper_800x600.jpg

Thanks for the compliments.

:eek1: I LOVE that snake :cheers: I hope you hatch another like him... and then sell it to me :cool:

SilentLore said:
:eek1: I LOVE that snake :cheers: I hope you hatch another like him... and then sell it to me :cool:

This guy's parents are actually mother and son. I am not sure that that might have had a little bit to do with it or not. Or maybe it was just an incubation fluke. I am going to breed the parents together again this coming season and see if another pops out. I am also planning on breeding the mother to a Blood and see what she produces from that. But, that won't be till 2008.

SilentLore said:

i am sorry................but i already have 1st dibs. :grin01:

bribrian said:
Just out of curiosity, is there anything odd about the belly markings of the parents..?

Off hand I don't think there is anything odd about their belly pattern, but I will try and get a few pictures of them this weekend and post in here.

Well, Baldie just shed again, so here are some updated pictures taken last night.

IMG_1506_Resized.jpg

IMG_1504_Resized.jpg

IMG_1505_Resized.jpg

Bribrian said:
Just out of curiosity, is there anything odd about the belly markings of the parents..?

I took a look at the parents bellies, but didn't get pictures. The mother seems to have normal markings and there is orange/red creeping into the belly. But the father has the same type of divided checks as Baldie does. I will try and take belly shots of them tonight while I have them out for feeding.

very nice paul..........baldie is getting very handsome. can't wait to see what turns out in the long run. excellent :cheers:

* :headbang: if i could have just went to help him feed last night........missed my chance* :grin01:

Thanks Galen. this guy is a headache. he will only eat live. no matter what trick I use with F/T he just won't eat them. so I have to make sure I have a live pink around once a week just for him. makes things a little irritating.

Mmmm just wondering if it is possible this little one is het hypo at all after all there is a 25% chance he could have inherited that from his het hypo parent?

He is lovely and most unusual! One would almost swear he's a blood! lol

I just love his head pattern! He is gorgeous!!

thanks everyone.

I will be pairing up the same adults this coming breeding season to see if anymore of these guys pop out. So we shall see what happens.

Velvet said:
He is lovely and most unusual! One would almost swear he's a blood! lol
that is what I thought, but because of the number of belly checks on him, there is no way that he can be a blood. I even seriously doubt that he is het Blood, but I will do some Blood crosses in the next year or two with the parents and see what comes out. I am secretly hoping that the parents do have bloodred in there somewhere, but I won't be getting my hopes up.

anyway, thanks all for the great comments.

Back