• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boaphile plastics racks....what do you think?

CAcornguy

Beginner breeder!
Okay....I just ordered my first rack system from boaphile plastics. Does anyone have one of these? I got the 5 self/10 shoebox system for 199. It looks awesom. I have a female who should be laying her eggs anytime....She has yet to shed though (it has been 35 days since she mated). I am planning on putting my 2 3year old males in there, and whatever babies the female has. The only thing I do not have is a thermostat. I have no idea how these work, and I do not want to pay a huge amount for one. I guess I need to know if they are required for these rack systems. If so, can anyone point me to a good priced brand? Thanks for your help! I cannot wait to get the rack. -Don

If you bought this one...

then it is too small for your 3 year old males. The drawers are just shoebox sized!

Attachments

• smallshoerack.jpg
    smallshoerack.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 88
Thats the one!

Well, I will have to find something else for my older guys. They are not fully grown yet....They are actually only 2 ears old...my bad! Still, thay are all in 40 gallon tanks now anyway, so they may not like downsizing. I will use the rack for the babies that my girl has in her belly right now. She should be laying her eggs anytime now. Maybe she will lay 10 eggs with no slugs, and that would be just right for the racks! I have no idea if I am going to keep all of my babies at this point. Now that I have the rack, I just might. I also have a 2002 snow corn who will love her new home. All of my snakes were given to me, so I am excited to see if they are het for anything. I have 1.1 Normals, and 1.0 Anery, and 0.1 snow. my 0.1 normal bred with the normal and the anery within 24 hours, so who knows who the daddy will be. maybe both. I will keep you posted!

I have two Boaphile cages right now, and just ordered a sideways blanket box rack. I love their cages! You will probably not need a thermostat for them - I don't use one for the cages. It's good to have one on hand, though, just in case. A cheap plug-in dimmer switch from Home Depot works better than a rheostat, and costs half as much.

Good luck with your racks...in my experience, Boaphile has the best cages and racks on the market, and even has two sizes big enough for adult Ball Pythons, so if you can afford it, they would definitely be big enough for your Corns, with room to stretch!

- Victoria

get a thermostat!

I use a sideways blanket box rack for my breeder Okeetees and love it. The shoeboxes are really small, please don't put anything larger than a year old in them, and that might be pushing it. I do use the thermostat they sell. It's only a hundred bucks and keeps the boxes from overheating. Mine definately turns off pretty often. Put a good digital thermometer in one of the boxes overnight before adding snakes and see how warm it gets. Maybe drilling small holes would keep them cooler, but you don't want to overheat your snakes.
The only thing I wish Boaphile would do is preinstall the thermostat. You basically have to tape the probe on the back wall, check your themometer until it reaches temp, and back the themostat down until it switches off. Then it takes care of its self. Good luck, you'll love your rack. Unless you find it's a lot smaller than you had in mind...

Back