• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Breeding Help?

DevXen

Hey.. One of my Mice.. just had Baby Mice... Unfortunatly.. i woke up... a couple weeks ago. and the father... had been eaten, by the other 3 females.. so i threw the rest of him away...

anways.. the mother.. is'nt seeming to even go near the baby mice.
I seperated, the other mice, out of the tank... so they did'nt try to eat 'em. or Crush 'em..

and now the mother... seems to just leave them alone...

is there any advice.. anything i can do.. any Help... out there?

i've never Bread Mice before... but figured it'd be a good way, to feed my snakes... so if theres anything, maybe i should know.. it'd be appriciated...
thanks..

.... Dev

It probably would have been an idea to leave the other females in with the mice as they were a community (albeit a canibalistic one!) and may have been quite supportive of one another. If you reintroduce the other females they might fight/canibalise but it might be worth a shot if they've been appart for less than a day.

feeders

When I started my colonies, I just left 1.5 ratio together for a few months and nature tooks is place. Sure they fought with eachother but it all worked out in the end and have been breeding like crazy. Hope that helps

Hrmm.. yeah... all day.. the 'mother' is leaving the mice alone.. won't even go near 'em.. i've moved 'em a couple times, into a corner.. so the other mice, don't lay on 'em.. . and tried to put the mother over there.. but she won't have any part of it...
grr.

You really shouldn't disturb a new colony for a few months when starting. Your attempts at breeding will be most unsatisfactory. It isn't uncommon for the first few litters to be canibalised, but this will stop as the colony grows more secure.

I would recommend freezing the pinks, then starting over with a new male (be sure to sanatise everything prior to starting the new colony; the less smell from the original colony, the better), and leave them alone (even if they do canibalise at first).

Back