• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Buying a Corn Snake SOON!!

Yes I have heard of this women! she is a verrrry great expert...but never i mean never....NEVER TRUST DEBBIE MCANNA, wow, she doesent know what shes talking about! She says you should put a heat rock in a corn snakes cage!! It will burn the snake! possible death!

So on the strength of a friend who has a corn, your mom said 'never use sand', but you were going to rebel against the advice? And also against (I'd assume) much of the information you've read?

No...her friend told her not to use sand...but i wanted to when i get the snake but you told me it can cause abrasiona nd stuff, now i dont.

But I might be talking out of my backside!
(I'm not, I really do have 20 snakes and 3 clutches in the incubator, but I'm by no means an expert)
Please get all the info you can before you get your snake. You'll never know everything, there's always something to learn and it'll all be good preparation. Then actually experiencing any problems is different to reading about them.

My mom always said 'Never use Sand!' But I was going to be rebellious and buy it anyways! But now I've learned that i should go 'green' and use Coconut husk

I'm sorry but you did say you were going to use sand simply to rebel against your Mom. Why is coconut husk going green?
I hope before you get this green corn snake you really do some research on caring for corns. I also hope you don't do things with a snakes life just to rebel.

NO. I said I 'WAS' being rebellious not 'going' to be rebellious on purpose! I have handled Corn snakes alot but never owned one! Next week I will.:awcrap:

What do you plan on feeding this green corn snake and do you have areliable supply?

"The unexamined mind is not worth living" Socartes the onderful Greek philospher.

A lot of the people on here care more about the welfare of the snake than the feelings of the owners. Often this is because of good advice being ignored and the snake suffering as a result.
Hardly any of us on here are experts, but try to keep our snakes under good conditions, learn from each other and then help if we can.

Back