• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

catching wild herps

surfrkidTS

anyone have any neat (non violent of course) traps that can be used for frogs, lizards, or snakes? I plan on getting pictures of local herps to use for some biolgy studies at my school, and need to find more reptiles! any help would be appreciated

thanks
tyler

What are your daytime high temps?

Traps aren't needed, if you know where and when to look. Try earlier in the day when the weather gets warmer. Placing drop boards, old carpet pieces, and corregated tin on the ground helps to create herp friendly cover. Make sure you get the landowners permission first. ;)

FWIW, it is still a little early in the year to start finding a ton on reptiles out and about. :)

ok, i'm gonna try to make some makeshift shelters in nice spots for the little buggers. It is a little early in the year, but part thats part of the research too. I'll go ahead and make some little hides and look at them tommorow morning when it gets nice and hot

It needs to be warm outside, not hot

Snakes will be just as scarce if it is hot out. Also, it will take a few days, weeks, or even months for the cover to be located and subsequently utilized.

Large plastic election signs make good cover boards in case there are any elections taking place this week in your area.

lol cav, we don't have any elections going on but i'll keep in mind that those signs can be used for something! thanks

Back