• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Clicking noises?!

BSLMichael

Below Sea Level Reptiles
So... Nimue My 0.1 Terrazzo is in shed. I picked her up and was holding her alittle while I changed her bedding and noticed clicking or light poping noises coming from her every now and then.

I thought It could be URI but nothing discribed matches what I am hearing. She has no other symptoms. She ate about 3 days ago just before going blue and temps look good. its about 89 on her warm side (she seems like Like it hotter than my other corns so I let it run alittle hot to make her happy) And hangs out there most the time like normal.

Her cold side is 77.

Any Ideas?

I have a female that does the same thing every time she is in blue- and happens to be a rosy rat het terrazzo, and her son from the same line does it too. I've heard a couple of my other snakes click while blue but not as loud as the rosy rats do . It's a shed thing. I'd only worry if she still does it after shedding.

I have a female that does the same thing every time she is in blue- and happens to be a rosy rat het terrazzo, and her son from the same line does it too. I've heard a couple of my other snakes click while blue but not as loud as the rosy rats do . It's a shed thing. I'd only worry if she still does it after shedding.

Thanks! It's the first time I've noticed it. I usually leave her alone while she is sheding but she is so friendly That I was confident enough to bug her alittle this time.

Very interesting.

Flynn does that every time he goes blue; it made me really nervous when I first heard him do it! I also have a very sneezey snake in Cayenne, but she's been checked for URI three times now. We finally figured out that she didn't like the new aspen I had been using, as the sneezing got worse when I would change out her bedding.

A couple of my snakes also click, puff, and also whistle! when they're deep in blue. Once they shed, completely cleared up. Never seen anything lingering with that at all.

Back