• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Exciting day so far! (too stressful for summer)

K. Rene

Cozmic Cornz
Today has been exciting, got woken up and suckered into going to share the snakes at a 4H kids day camp. I had told the organizers I would be available one of the days (tomorrow would have been ideal) but I didn't know my work schedule so I hadn't confirmed which day I could come. Well they scheduled me for today during my first shift of work! I'm like I can't come then! But after the lady whined about the kids being disappointed (guilt trip much?) I snagged a few of the kids and went this morning before work. I'm always happy to share my snakes with anyone but kids are the best, most of them have no fear of snakes so it's nice to see such enthusiasm for them.

When that was done I rushed home and left my Boyfriend to put the kids back (only three of them mind you) while I went to work. When I arrived home my oh so intelligent BF forgot to put a lid on a tank so Snowflake had escaped! We found her when I heard a plunk from above while I was searching the closet (check out the pic) thankful she is bigger now and easier to find. We found her there on top of the door, it was good exercise for her though, she is usually kind of lazy lol

Attachments

• Escape_edited-1.jpg
    Escape_edited-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 70
You'd be surprised what they can climb. I was taking pictures of one of my snakes in the bathroom because it has the best lighting. I was next to the door and the snake just decides she wants to climb it. I let her. She made it all the way to the top and stretched out to crawl along the top of my curtains. I had to grab her before she tried climbing on the ceiling.

As for the escaped snake. I'm glade you found her so easy! The one time I had an escapee was because my cousin didn't put the lid on and it was about 5 mins before I came in and seen the lid off. My snake was gone for 3 days. I thought I was going to die of panic!

Yeah I think most of mine believe they are arboreal especially my little jungle (my avatar).

My snake was gone for 3 days. I thought I was going to die of panic!

We have Snowflakes sister (an anery) also. When she escaped a year or so ago she was missing a month before we found her OUTSIDE and down the stairs of our 2nd level apartment, no idea how she got there but she was fine other than a little cold lol she knows to stay in her tank now.

Back