• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first shed

shooterKD

Well, I came home from work today and peeked into Lukin's tank. I was surprised to find out that he had his first shed! Thing is, I've only had him a little over a week and just fed him for the first time on Monday. Before I went to bed last night, I took a peek and actually caught him drinking some water. He was more active than normal, which I figured was 'cause he'd eaten and was getting comfortable in his new home... Looks like the shed went perfectly, as it's in one piece and he seems fine...

Anyways, just wanted to share as I've been so used to fish that this is all really exciting for me!

THANX

mine just shed for the first time since I have had her. She is app. 5 mo. I fed her two pinkies almost exactly 72 hours ago. Because she is still getting used to her tank (ive had her for 2 weeks) I figured i wouldnt see her for a while. I was starting to worry that 20% humidity was too low. I have a humidity chamber and I would guess it is around 60 to 70% in there. She has been in there for almost 2 days not moving. Anyway she shed tonight and it was perfect. It was so awesome looking.

Congrats to everyone and their first shed being perfect. Can't wait till you get to watch them in the act for the first time it is really neat to watch and hear for that matter.

Congrats everyone! Remember we all love pics on here! Doesn't necessarily have to be of them shedding! I caught my little guy in the act 4 months back! Ill post a pic!

Mine shed the first night we had it lol, was a nice surprise to wake up and see it wrapped completely around a rock we have inside its viv.

:cool: Congrats on a perfect, first shed. I love to watch my 2 shed & have witnessed it several times, but it never gets old. I really gotta remember to grab my camera the next time. I'll have the opportunity again any time now. One time, Slither looked like she changed her mind & was gonna go back inside the old skin. That was weird! :roflmao:
That's an awesome pic Sarah & what a gorgeous baby you have there. Thank you so much for sharing. :D

Thanks Buddha, that pic was from a few months back. He's grown quite a bit since then, and his colors always change! Yes grab the camera next time! I love seeing pictures. :)

Back