• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Garter snakes in the garden

obboi34

Aaron
I had visitors' day at my old summer camp today and I was helping clear the tarps from our garden plot before the parents arrived. Of course, after sitting in the sun they were warm and humid, and you can guess what kind of visitors we had. I must have seen at least 12 garter snakes, with one awesome prize.

I found a three foot gravid female. She must have had eight bumps at least and was not happy to see me. tagged me right on the chin just when i thought she was relaxing. no pics, unfortunately, since wrangling her was enough without trying to pose her. :p

As this snake have visited in front of you in the garden, you were enjoying but If I would be there, would have get scared.

Back