• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Gecko, Monitor and Hognose! (and Boas)

Elzy

I figured this was the best place to post our other "kids".

This our little male leopard gecko, Binkie. Sold as a jungle, he's awesome... loves watching people!

Bailey.jpg

Boss Hog (hehe, get it?) We got him mid November last year, and he's been great! Only missed two feeds ever (first week I offered to him and a few weeks ago he thought the pinkie was out to get him).

HogMaggot.jpg

Little dim though...

Boss.jpg

And our pride and joy! Darwin! He's a water monitor, about 2 years old now and 4.5 ft long.

Darwin012.jpg

30417_1415282418449_1124239850_31251377_3790095_n.jpg

darwin.jpg

When we first got him he was 3ft long and was kept in a 6'x4'x4' cage we built, but he didn't take long to outgrow it, and now has our smallest bedroom as his lair.

Boas!

2010 Male Kahl Albino Motley - Crue (Get it??? We're big hair band fans...)

crue-1.jpg

2008 Male het Sharp Albino - Boris

boris.jpg

2008 Female Hypo het Sharp Albino - Doris

doris.jpg

2009 Female Sunglow - Nova

Nova.jpg

We've also got a 2010 Female Pos Super Hypo het Kahl (Pepper) and three 2008 double het Snows (Arnie, Cass and Jenny), but I need to dig farther for photos on them!

I am extremely jealous of your pets. :C Looooove the monitor. <3 I want a big lizard some day. Maybe a Tegu or a Green Iguana.

awesome animals! i miss my water monitor soooo bad, they are the coolest lizards on the planet imo. some killer boas too! i like all your kids!!!

What a nice family you have there! That water monitor, looks so intelligent!
Don't let him fool you haha! He is smart though, he climbs into our tub when he wants a bath and stares at the drain (he's seen the water go down there when we drain it, so I think he thinks that's where it comes from as well!)

I am extremely jealous of your pets. :C Looooove the monitor. <3 I want a big lizard some day. Maybe a Tegu or a Green Iguana.
I love the big lizards too, we'd love to get a Tegu but Darwin does take up a lot of space, heh. We need a bigger boat first!

I got a good giggle out of this pic. Cute.
He did eventually figure out to eat an end, though it was the wrong end...

Love the water monitor!

Hoggies eat like that for a reason. They are envenomating the dead mouse. If you watch, you'll see they chew on it in the belly area. The mouse will actually start to digest from the saliva. Then they turn it around and swallow it.

What beautiful animals you have. I love the look of that big ol' monitor--what a beauty! And I absolutely LOVE boas, so of course I can never get enough pf looking at pix of them :).

Does your water monitor show affection? Just wondering, because, for some reason, he reminds me of a dog! LOL!

Hoggies eat like that for a reason. They are envenomating the dead mouse. If you watch, you'll see they chew on it in the belly area. The mouse will actually start to digest from the saliva. Then they turn it around and swallow it.

Thats how its supposed to work! But my boy just keeps eating it from the side and the mouse will eventually fold in half and down the gullet it goes! Takes forever though for him to get it down. He eats it either that way, or butt first. I wonder how that will work for him when hes finally on adult mice.

Back