• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Genetics ID please

jimijaw

I am new to corn snakes and I would really appreciate any help in IDing what type of corns I have. Pic 1 im told by the pet shop is a 4 year old Black pearl female. Pic 2 Im told is a Creamcicle male 1 1/2 years old. Please help as I am going to learn the genetics of corn snakes one way or another. Thanks Jimi
P0001863.jpg

P0001864.jpg

Please forgive me on the large pics I justed wanted to make sure you could see the detail.

Black pearl is not a morph of cornsnake. That black snake would be an 'anerythristic'.

Snake two is an amelanistic. If the person is telling you it's a creamsicle, you need to assume that it does have emoryi blood in it and consider it a creamsicle.

Btw, creams are amelanistic corns with emoryi (Great Plains Rat) in it.

IMO you have an anerythristic (lacking red pigment) and a candy cane (selectivley bred amelanistic).

Doesn't look creamsicle at all to me, no yellows in the groud colour.

Thank you both so very much!!!! I know I cant go by what the pet shop says all he is interested in is selling them, Again I thank you so much. Jimi

Tula_Montage said:
IMO you have an anerythristic (lacking red pigment) and a candy cane (selectivley bred amelanistic).

Doesn't look creamsicle at all to me, no yellows in the groud colour.

Ditto,My thoughts as well.

Back