• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Green/Grey Fuzzy Mold...?

sierraherps

Sean, Mary Ann & the kids
Using pro incubator, substrate ect... (pic included before mold) laid May 20, and the MOLD, although growing thicker and somewhat outward, is not affecting the few eggs we thought to be viable yet... Any suggestions to KEEP the mold down for the next ,what 35 to 40 days? And thankx in advance.!

set

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...07967433.36346.100001811450503&type=1&theater

Photo's of mold...

...hmmmm, can NOT recall how to post pics in these threads, sorry all, but in my own defense... I AM on A LOT of heavy meds these days... PERSCRIPTION MEDS guys... LOL

Using pro incubator, substrate ect... (pic included before mold) laid May 20, and the MOLD, although growing thicker and somewhat outward, is not affecting the few eggs we thought to be viable yet... Any suggestions to KEEP the mold down for the next ,what 35 to 40 days? And thankx in advance.!

picture.php

Your remaining 'good' eggs appear to be severely dehydrated. Hatchlings have come out of moldy eggs before, but you need to get those guys plumped back up asap! Get some organic orchid moss (sphagnum moss), soak it, wring it out until it damp, and place it over your eggs.

I've never seen mold like that before . . . if it were the kind I thought it was I would say swab with listerine but wow. I don't know. . .

Okie Dokie - last years Shpagnum has been boiled, rinsed three times, gently wrang out and laid on top at the slightly cooler than "Baby Formula" tested temp. Question, now that the eggs are covered, it should be ok to dampen the moss as needed with a warm mister spray.. right? (I have three "TRUE TESTED" thermometers, so the the "Mist" will be just the right temp, as well as extremely Fine.
And THANK YOU so much for your quick reply and GOOD look at that photo!

I've never seen mold like that before . . . if it were the kind I thought it was I would say swab with listerine but wow. I don't know. . .

I figure after the damp moss has re-moistened the eggs, "hopefully" that green stuff should also be damp enough to use my tiny brush (like 1/8" wide soft make up brush) with out spreading the spores... ya know, cut that "POOF" action. ?? Whatchya think? Yah? Nay? Bad idea? ...I truly am listening and following directions from "You Pro's"!

I just wanna see ONE EGG PIP! And after the three NIGHTMARE years we've had since I first got interested in seeing a baby snake come out of it's egg, I DONT THINK IM ASKING FOR ALL THAT MUCH! lol Thankx again for your advise and help... wish me luck?

Definitely wishing you luck! And yes, so long as you spray the moss and not the eggs themselves, it'll be fine. In fact, I *just* did that on my 23 eggs.

Your eggs should look like little marshmallows when they are fully hydrated once again.

Back