• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Guess that herp!!!

Jynx

Digger, RN
Since I have seen numerous game threads up (no doubt to kill the time while the snakes are sleeping), I thought I'd throw this up as well. Its a great way to kill time, plus people get introduced to a bunch of new herps :)

I'll start... here's a picture... now guess that herp!

NSTG.jpg

The 1st person who guesses right gets to post another mystery herp and so on. Lets try not to get technical with morphs or localities...

Ok......... GO! :sidestep:

Sorry guys... I'm slacking. You were right with the gecko, and I second the Tuatara (Sphenodon punctatus).

Chinese Rat Snake (Zaocys dhumnades)? Though I've never seen one so green or fully striped before.

Chinese Rat Snake (Zaocys dhumnades)? Though I've never seen one so green or fully striped before.

Yup! Isn't it beeeautiful? Had a mild obsession with these while back just based on this photo. Heh.

Tag- Yer it.

Thats a pretty neat obsession. I wouldn't mind having a few. I know someone who had a pair in California a few years ago and they were pretty neat :)

Ok this one may be a toughie, but this is a snake that I really like, but never see... EVER.

VPS.jpg

Thats a pretty neat obsession. I wouldn't mind having a few. I know someone who had a pair in California a few years ago and they were pretty neat :)

Ok this one may be a toughie, but this is a snake that I really like, but never see... EVER.

VPS.jpg

Really?? I Trrrrrrried to find ANY info on them in the pet trade... and I kept seeing was that they were commonly sold in the food market in China, but never saw any info about temperment, and especially them being offered for purchase in the states.

*loves*

*runs off to look up the new photo you posted*

Because it will probably be tough, I'll give you a hint... look at the eye placement. :)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say malagasy cat eye snake? Really don't have a clue lol

i was thinking some king of cat snake...

is it the same as snakemaster24's (or whatever his username is) cat eyed whatsit?

Nope, I'm going to have to second the "Madagascarophis colubrinus" or
Malagasy Cat-eyed Snake opinion... but then again I still am not sure.

Hahaha... it is a colubrid, but I wasn't talking about what the eyes looked like, rather where they were placed on the head. Not a Cat-Eyed snake or a Garter. A very distant cousin of Garters though :)

Back