• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heat Cable VS. Heat Tape

Emscornsnake

I am looking at getting the heat cable. To me it seems that it is easier to use the heat cable. Anyone have the heat cable and how well does it work? What are the Pro's and Con's for each? Thank you for the help.

I am looking at getting the heat cable. To me it seems that it is easier to use the heat cable. Anyone have the heat cable and how well does it work? What are the Pro's and Con's for each? Thank you for the help.

I have heat cable on my rack from Animal Plastic and it works great.

Heat cable for belly heat needs to be routered in place. Where as for back heat all you do is lay the cable out.

Heat tape for belly heat is easier for the DIY because all you got to do is tape it down with silver tape. Heat tape works good for back heat also.

I have heat cable on my rack from Animal Plastic and it works great.

Heat cable for belly heat needs to be routered in place. Where as for back heat all you do is lay the cable out.

Heat tape for belly heat is easier for the DIY because all you got to do is tape it down with silver tape. Heat tape works good for back heat also.

Thanks for the response, I think I might go with the cable. I need it for a metal snake rack I have.

I have two AP racks with heat cable. Ive never had a problem with it and I like it just as much as flexwatt. Although, AP uses different heat cable than what you see in the store, its longer and seems more durable. I also noticed that heat cable is no longer an option for the AP racks so maybe they stopped using it. Last I asked Ali about it, she said that manufacturer of their heat cable made it specifically for those racks so maybe they stopped making them?

Last time i bought AP racks, (this year) you could still get heat cable if you asked for it. I like it a lot better than Flexwatt, not sure why, I just do.

Adding to this thread..

Which one is safer to use?

I have been looking up flexwatt and I have read where it has over heated, melted tubs, etc..

Are the any good links or videos that tell more about flexwatt and installing it?
I looked on youtube, and saw many people installing dangerously.

Then with the heat cable..how do attach it? Does it come with hardware?

Just trying to find out my heat options and pro/cons of them for my homemade rack.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Back