• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello I'm back

Bellymark1

Hi All;

I am back on the forums, November 1st. My Ruby passed away years ago and never got back to owning a corn snake; just have my dogs, russian tortoises and leopard tortoise. Today, I just got a hatchling, normal-striped corn snake, so it's a new chapter in life!

Many happy returns of your return! I hope you have many wonderful years with your new baby. And l hope to see pics! What did you name your baby?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Sandy is adorable! I love stripes. [emoji3590]

I can't believe how calm she is. She's totally chill, unafraid, doesn't mind being handled, but I'm going to leave her be to get used to her new home. I was debating whether or not to place her in a small shoebox-sized plastic tub, or right in to her 10-gallon enclosure. I tried it, and she's totally fine with it. She knows her main hide cave and the cooler end dome cave she hangs out in during the daytime.

Sounds good. That means she's getting proper temps for digestion. What's the plan from this point to help her slim down a bit?

By the way, thank you again for taking on this challenge while her owner is away for military service! I know it means a lot to them. It means a lot to me, too.

Sounds good. That means she's getting proper temps for digestion. What's the plan from this point to help her slim down a bit?

By the way, thank you again for taking on this challenge while her owner is away for military service! I know it means a lot to them. It means a lot to me, too.

Oops, please excuse all of that but the first bit. It does sound good! Wrong thread for the rest.

No worries :) I'll just stay with normal routine of 1 pinky every 5 to 7 days. Watching how well she digests it. She's taken to peeping out from behind the leaves of her favorite "tree." I can't believe how calm she is. The person who raised her did so lovingly, I think. The first six months is real important. They get their impression of people in that time and afterwards.

Sounds like your baby is well gentle and well settled. I agree that early handling is very helpful to their overall trust in humans. I enjoy getting to know all of my babies as individuals, and disposition is important. Corns are generally good-tempered creatures, and even those who are rarely handled can come around. Still, learning early that humans are "safe" can make everyone's life easier. Certain family lines are also reliable calm and curious right from the egg, I've found.

I learned a lot with Ruby, 8 years ago. Fortunately, she was the same way. It's funny, but, as gentle as she was, my brother's friend came by, opened the enclosure and got her out. I didn't mind. I was in the next room. Suddenly I heard a crash. A lamp fell and some struggling sounds came from the room where Ruby's enclosure was. The guy had to let Ruby go because she went crazy, lunging and snapping at the guy like she was a wild snake. Well she was. She panicked. I ran and saw her in the corner, lunging at me. I stuck my hand out, patted her in the last 1/3rd of her body and tail and she knew it was me. She calmed down totally and went very calm. I put her back in her home. :poke:

Sounds like your baby is well gentle and well settled. I agree that early handling is very helpful to their overall trust in humans. I enjoy getting to know all of my babies as individuals, and disposition is important. Corns are generally good-tempered creatures, and even those who are rarely handled can come around. Still, learning early that humans are "safe" can make everyone's life easier. Certain family lines are also reliable calm and curious right from the egg, I've found.

I do suspect that my new baby is Ruby. Being from a Catholic household and raised in this religion (no longer am), it's a stretch to believe in reincarnation, but I've seen a lot of this in people and animals. People are going to think it's weird and I'm weird, but go ahead. If an animal loves you and passes away, some will come back. A few of my dogs came back.

Back