• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I had to Leave the Reptile show

corvettesR1

Or I would have come home with another snake lol.I keep a wonderful 6 year old standard , male corn snake at work .While at the show ,I saw a very pretty Female Anery baby corn .I found myself going back to see her 3 times and even held her for a short time . She was very nice and calm to hold, much calmer than one I own when he was tiny .I knew I better get out of there or Id own 2 snakes right now :)

Dont think I havent been thinking of running back lol.I think she even had a slightly lavender hue .Damm, she was pretty .:cry:

I thought I would only have one. Then I saw a stripe amel. Now there are two. Then came a crimson, and a banded. I now have four corns. Who knows what by next year. If you can stay at one then you are a stronger willed person than most of us on here. :laugh:

The main reason I didnt purchase that snake was that I didnt work it out in my mind how/ where I could put the next tank .I used to have a few extra tanks but I think I gave them away .It probably as simple as getting a new rack that will allow tanks to be stacked on above the other.

The Reptile shows come around every few months. Maybe the next time around it will be a GO.I also have to be careful of not creating a petting zoo at work.

Yeah, it started for me with a snow corn. Then 2 weeks later, a young red tail boa. 3 weeks after her, an amel corn. Then I was good for a year, and after that, it's all been down hill to the 40 snakes I have today. LOL

Yeah, it started for me with a snow corn. Then 2 weeks later, a young red tail boa. 3 weeks after her, an amel corn. Then I was good for a year, and after that, it's all been down hill to the 40 snakes I have today. LOL

It's happening that way for me, too! I started with one corn last summer. He escaped in the aftermath of Ike (STILL angry with the family member who left the top off his tank- teach me to leave tanks out in the common areas of the house). Then, a little amel girl early this year. Couple months later, see an ad- two more corns. Sometime today or tomorrow, a ball python will be joining the collection.

I CAN'T STOP AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO MY FIRST EXPO YET!!!! :uhoh:

I love this hobby! :D:D:D

The last show Matt and I went to,we made SURE the only thing we brought was enough cash to buy feeders! That's it! No bank cards,credit cards,nothing! Why? Because otherwise,I would've walked out of there with a Hypo Red-Tail, a couple of Leo Geckos, some tortoises,and quite a few of the poison dart frogs! Oh and beings that I have a true book addiction, probably a copy of every book there! LOL!

Heh. I've never gone to a reptile show. I started with a ghost, and that was fine for two years... Then I got my mom a snow motley baby for christmas, and we ended up with eggs between my ghost and my friend's. That was last year. Since then I've brought my personal collection up to nine corns and 1 king. Plus another 20 eggs due within the week... :p

The last show Matt and I went to,we made SURE the only thing we brought was enough cash to buy feeders! That's it! No bank cards,credit cards,nothing! Why? Because otherwise,I would've walked out of there with a Hypo Red-Tail, a couple of Leo Geckos, some tortoises,and quite a few of the poison dart frogs! Oh and beings that I have a true book addiction, probably a copy of every book there! LOL!

I'm going to a show in Aug and am thinking I really need to just take some cash in (the max amount I am willing to spend) and leave the wallet in the car, otherwise I think I will be in BIG trouble. I keep telling myself not to order from anyone here until I see what is at the show, but it is soooooo hard. Everyone keeps posting these gorgeous babies and all I can think is "Want, Need, Must Have" :laugh:

I did good for 3 years, just had 1 corn, then last christmas got 2 more, then this summer I have gotten 4 more . . . and the summer's not over yet! Whooo-boy . . . I am in so much TROUBLE!!! :dancer:

I must admire your fortitude. I simply couldn't resist some of mine. Just be sure you're not "laying awake" at night wishing you had bought her!

Back