• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

If my snake isn't handled for a mounth or two will it get agressive?

mwr920

I have to go back to my parent's home for a couple months and my room mate said he'd feed my snake, but he refuses to handle it. The snake is generally tame but if he is not handled for that long will he get aggressive?

In case you wondering I don't think I can bring my snake across the border (to Canada) so I have to leave him behind.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't think you should leave him for that long with someone who refuses to handle him. What if theres something wrong. Like a bad shed or an illness. Or escapes. Will he go and look for him?

i also agree, i would find a good reptile breeder or something that could take care of him whilst your away. or send him to the vets, our local herp vet looks after all mine whist im away, tis a bit expensive though, but its worth it, just knowing they are in good hands. or even to a reptile shop who could amybe look after him for you also.
just my thoughts

you dont wanna leave him for that long cause my little one tinkerbell is a vicous bitch if i dont pick her up afet a week

I think if it took you a while to tame your snake he might get a bit wild again if nobody handles him but if he had a nice disposition to begin with it will not change.
If you could get your friend to conquer the snake phobia and hold the snake... If not then it's probably better to find someone local with more experience. If your friend is afraid of snakes will he clean the tank, change the water, etc? Throwing a mouse in the cage once a week isn't enough.
My solution to this problem is I travel in winter while my snakes are brumating. (My neighbor who cat-sits when I am gone checks up on them, changes their water, and has the vet's and my phone numbers just in case)

Not handling an adult corn snake for a couple of months will normally not change the temperament. In fact, when you get back and start handling him again, if there is any change, he will quickly come back to normal as long as he has not had any serious issues or trauma while you are gone.

Mark

thanks for the replies, I think I'll leave my snake with my brother he has a few snakes of his own and I think he'll be fine handling the snake.

Back