• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kittens in AZ

Christen

I have a few kittens that are looking for forever homes. They did come from a feral mom over at my in-laws so they needed a little work getting them comfortable with people but they are very sweet now. There is not a rehoming fee for cs.com friends. If you see my ad on craigslist there will be a rehoming fee so PM me through here so I know that you saw them here. They are fantastic with kids my two little girls hold them multiple times a day.

First up is a little boy I call Craven. (he has got to be my favorite) Very sweet and it all about human interaction. He will come seek you out. Loves to play but is not apposed to cuddling as well.
014.JPG

Next we have Sassy. Sassy is a beautiful blue eyed girl. She is a little timid with new people but as soon as she feels comfortable with you she will purr the loudest purr you have ever heard from a kitten.
017.JPG

Last but not least we have Yoda. Yoda is a little tabby girl who is also a polydactyl. Which means that she has an extra toe on each foot which makes it look like she has little mittens on her front feet. She is also a little timid with new people but she is coming out of her shell nicely. She wants to be loved and is more interested in sitting in your lap than playing with you.
026.JPG

Awww what a little group of cuties! I hope they get forever homes soon, with all the lovings and treats they can handle!

LOL Yeah he would. We would have a lot of fun at the lake. Craven is a water cat to ;) he loves to play in the faucet when you leave it running and will try to hop in the shower when you are in there.

OH SO CUTE.
Right now, we've got 1 cat and it's a cross between a siamese and a tabby and she's the BEST CAT I've ever owned. It makes me want both Sassy AND Yoda lol.

You mean like this Tara? My husband is insisting that we keep this one :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 113
Awww those are cute! the Lynx point you are thinking about keeping is Beautiful! Id says judging by the faces and colors they are a Siamese and Domestic short hair mix.

Awww those are cute! the Lynx point you are thinking about keeping is Beautiful! Id says judging by the faces and colors they are a Siamese and Domestic short hair mix.

Thanks! Yeah based on looks of the kittens as a whole I would guess that as well. Mom is a DSH although since she is feral it is entirely possible that there maybe a couple dads at play there. The tabby is actually a smaller framed cat where the other three are larger. We know that the litter that showed up with mom last year, that look like these are larger cats. Easily 12 to 15 pound cats and not fat. So it would be interesting to see how the tabby grows up compared to her siblings.

Pointed is a recessive gene on the C (color) locus. C, or colored normally, is the dominant allele. Mom is C, c(s). c(s) is a mutation that leads to the protein that creates the color working only at lower body temperatures, so the extremities, or "points" being colored. Siamese is a breed of cat that is c(s), c(s) so while it is pointed, not all pointed cats have any Siamese in them. There are other alleles at the location too. C(t) creates Sepia, or an all over reduction in color, like a Burmese cat. c(s) and c(t) are co-dominant, and if a cat has both alleles it is a very dark looking pointed cat, like a tonkinese. c is recessive to the other alleles, and if a cat is homozygous for it, it will be albino.

In short - Mom is C, c(s). Dad is probably c(s), c(s), but may be c(s), c or c(s), c(t). I'm guessing there is only one father, since statistically about half of the kittens would be pointed and about half of the kittens would be solid. Multiple fathers is always a possibility though.

Oh, Dad could be C, c(s) too. The litter would then statistically be about 25% pointed, but we all know how Murphy works.

edit: Decide to msg about it rather than hi-jack thread

It is ok. Yoda will be going to my BIL so we are just looking for homes for Sassy and Craven. Sassy has been such a love that even my husband is second guessing keeping her instead of Polly. I am still attached to Craven and even more so since he plays with my little 3 legged kitty so well.

Back