• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Looking for a new addition!

Greeling

I am considering a ball python, but am open to other suggestions. However, I don't want anything crazy expensive, so no lucistic balls or anything lol
Although reasonable morphs of various snakes are still ok
Sadly though, I can't do corns, GA has made that illegal and I'm not going to risk someones business to get one, I'll do that on my own if I ever go out of state.

I like balls, because they are so docile, and I'm trying to get my husband more into snakes, his first interactions with my rat snake Murdoch, were not very positive >_>

The weather here is good for the next couple days (upper 60's) so I'd like to order it tonight or early tomorrow morning, otherwise no one will be here to take the shipment.

So any thoughts?

Lol, never mind, my husband brought home the most adorable male BP this afternoon X3

Best VD ever.

jNC3y.jpg

he cleared up and finally shed last night, so I fed him this evening, and he took the mouse within a few moments of being presented with it, I am so happy about this =3

r3LOr.jpg

Glad he's eating for you, as he looks a little under weight in the picture. With a few filling meals he'll be up to size in no time! Good luck with him!

I thought I might share a couple more pics.
He's put on a little weight, but from what I can tell he's pretty active for a BP so he might be burning off those calories pretty quick. Tonight he picked up on the scent of mice and came out to hunt, it's been a lot of fun watching him =3

Hmmm, not quite big enough yet.
OdtrE.jpg

Lets see if Climbing helps!
VzXMN.jpg

Thanks Niki!
He's doing really well, and took another mouse tonight. And I'm finally starting to see him putting on weight, this makes me very happy =3

He really wanted to be sure it was dead lol
24h1L.jpg

And something everyone loves to see, a ball with it's mouth full =3
E7rhl.jpg

Thanks! I am so happy to see him improve, I do wish he would pass a stool though, but I hear they may go quite a while without doing so.

also found another nice photo, it really shows how chubby he's getting lol
Y8hYO.jpg

Oh yea some will not go poop until after the second feeding....they are so different from corn snakes that poop about 3 days after eating LOL

We have 2 rescued ball pythons and a pinstripe on. But when they do go potty OMG they go potty :)
have you checked out ball-pythons.net you will find a world of information on that site about them :)

Oh wow, she is lovely, I really like that creamy mocha color she has =D

And yes I have been there, I mostly lurk though, I find a great deal of the questions I may have had, were answered/asked in existing threads =3

My hubby is the ball python person. He has researched them for months. If you every has questions let me know and I can ask him. It seems like your guy is comfortable in his new home and eating just peachy for you! :)

Thanks, I definitely will!
And I think he's very happy, I just caught him cruising looking for another meal XD
It's a shame I don't have another mouse thawed, I'd totally give him one.

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well for you! Congrats on the weight gain, and most importantly, congrats on consistent f/t feedings!

We have 2 rescued ball pythons and a pinstripe on. But when they do go potty OMG they go potty :)
have you checked out ball-pythons.net you will find a world of information on that site about them :)

You obviously haven't ever seen an adult boa poo. :grin01: They put BP's to SHAME. (Although, I can also imagine that adult burm and retic poos the size of small dogs would be quite frightening as well.)

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well for you! Congrats on the weight gain, and most importantly, congrats on consistent f/t feedings!

You obviously haven't ever seen an adult boa poo. :grin01: They put BP's to SHAME. (Although, I can also imagine that adult burm and retic poos the size of small dogs would be quite frightening as well.)

Oh man... I dont think I want to see an adult boa poo... LOL I have a hard enough time with my adult corn snakes and adult bp. LOL We have a baby Hog Island boa LOL

Back