• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Male Popping Pic

You should have no problem in a dorm room...(uh oh...here comes the bs)

If you get them as hatchlings, they can be in a 5gal for quite a while...I'm thinking 3 five gallon tanks on the dresser....another two where the tv WAS....maybe if you move some of that junk from your roomie out into the commons....hmmm....I know there's more room around here somewhere....

I keep each of mine in their own 34qt sterilite...so they can stack ontop of each other!
But I have three shelves above my desk that must have been MADE to hold 34qt sterilites..cus they fit perfectly! And I have three of them..so just the right amount of shelves!

Andrew, here at the Sheriff's Dept. we actually don't call them drive-bys....we call it...how do you say....Killed in the process of apprehending the suspect...ya...ya, that's what I'll call it :dgrin:

Oh good..that sounds SO much better..
:roflmao:

Hmm...we need to turn this thread in another direction. Stat!!

I keep each of mine in their own 34qt sterilite...so they can stack ontop of each other!
But I have three shelves above my desk that must have been MADE to hold 34qt sterilites..cus they fit perfectly! And I have three of them..so just the right amount of shelves!

How do the sterilites do with UTHs?

They make so many dorm room drawer things from sterilite I should have thought of that before buying this big freakin 10 gal

Believe me, as soon as I find a reptile show I can get to, I'll probably be coming home with a few more hehe

That OR if I win this spring photo contest....that'd be pretty freakin cool

Haha Wayne...she wouldn't know how to handle this Panticus Pythonicus

Ok...really I am done, before I scare the poor thing off...

;)

Haha JUST saw this...

Its okay, I grew up with a dad and a brother along with lots of Monty Python and fart jokes...nothing scares me off haha

How do the sterilites do with UTHs?

They make so many dorm room drawer things from sterilite I should have thought of that before buying this big freakin 10 gal

Believe me, as soon as I find a reptile show I can get to, I'll probably be coming home with a few more hehe

That OR if I win this spring photo contest....that'd be pretty freakin cool

Steralites do good with UTH's as long as you have a rheostat. Half my collection is in steralites.

Steralites do good with UTH's as long as you have a rheostat. Half my collection is in steralites.

yea that's my prob...rheostat=more $$ than I can afford to spend...I just monitor the temp myself since he's perched right next to my desk that I'm at 24/7

yea that's my prob...rheostat=more $$ than I can afford to spend...I just monitor the temp myself since he's perched right next to my desk that I'm at 24/7

You can do a homemade rheostat for only $7. It is easier than you could imagine to make. There is a thread on here with DIY instructions. I'll find it real quick.

Well, I got to go. I have to get up in less than five hours, so a little sleep would be nice. Nice to meet you Cflip and I will talk to the rest of you later.

Wayne

To build the rheostat go here http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19168

It costs $7 or under to make. If you mess up, don't worry even if you have to totally restart...it's only another seven bucks. If you need help, post pics of your progress and we will help you...
Don't think you can't do it either, that's ridiculous! :)
It's not so much electrical knowledge as it is following instructions :)
Ps...girls do many things better, that guys think they are best at...ie. Assembling/Disassembling an M16A2...seriously, I qualified Expert on it...so did only 3 other guys and about 20 of the girls...:)

Haha indeed I did. I knew deep down that you were searching for the link to the rheostat and I thought to myself "I MUST

I gotta hit the sack soon too...but Andrew if you get a chance...could you PM me how to "hide" a link in a word...I haven't figured that out yet...if you understand what I am asking...thanks a million man, you are a BAMF (if you don't know what it is...GOOGLE it:) )
Nice talking to you Cflip...:)
-Josh

To build the rheostat go here
Ps...girls do many things better, that guys think they are best at...ie. Assembling/Disassembling an M16A2...seriously, I qualified Expert on it...so did only 3 other guys and about 20 of the girls...:)

Ohh trust me, I'm an assembling/disassembling fiend. I'm the person that loses the assembly instructions when building Ikea furniture...and still manages to build whatever it was with only minor retardation moments

However I did get REALLY confused with my screen cover latches...hours spent trying to figure out how to put them on my cage...and its the ONLY issue I can't find on this forum lol...probably cause noone else is dumb enough to screw THAT up

I will check this rheostat forum out tho, thankyouthankyou

You just highlight the word that you want to be the link and then click the "insert link" button and insert the URL and it will make the word a hyperlink for you.
Goodnight, talk to you when I talk to you. Haha

Back