• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Male Popping Pic

Guys, just stop arguing, it's not worth it! :(

What are we proving by arguing with him? If it IS what he wants then we're just giving it to him. I think everyone just needs to ignore him. Don't say anythign to him, pretend his posts don't exist, that's what I've been doing and it's working fine for me.

David, I don't mean to be rude here, but if you say in one post you're going to leave and then don't, that really isn't helping your image either. If you really are going to let sleeping dogs lie, then just do it. :shrugs:

*sigh* snakemaster, posting in a thread just to say you are reporting things to mods is rude in and of itself, as well as inflammatory. Please, for the sake of everyone, learn to curb your need to type everything?

Ah! We're ignoring now... ;)

Let's get the thread back ontopic...

Andrew, I'm so glad to hear that none of your babies pooped on you this time. :p I just fed Zinn last night so no popping practice (that sounds bad lol) for at least four days. I don't want to get pooped on or make him regurge. :(

Let's not all go off and try to report him too...not that we would, but they are going to have enough to go through with his invalid reporting anyways...I have sent them a simple email with the link to this thread so that they may review it themselves.

Wayne, you are welcome...I thought it would be cool to get a nice closeup shot of the hemipenes and get it up here for reference. If no one has a pic of a female then I will just have to make sure that the Anery I get is one...(to go with Crush the Amel...I decided to start with makin' some nice simple Snows...in a few years ofcourse:) ) and I will get a pic up of the female...or ANDREW!!!!
LORD ANDREW, THE KNIGHTS OF THIS ROUND FORUM SENTENCE YOU TO THE TASK SET FORTH IN THIS TEXT:
TAKE A PIC OF ONE OF THE TWO THAT YOU THINK ARE FEMALES!!!!

-Josh :p

.....sooo....back to the original subject at hand shall we? lol

I'm a first time snake owner, and I only have 1 corn I bought at a Petco...where obviously they do not sex their snakes, nor sell by gender. I was so curious as to what sex Ringo is that I looked up how to sex snakes, or whether it is too risky to do as a novice and to find a vet/breeder. How am I to name my snake without knowing what sex it is?! I was GOING to name him Pixie Dust...not fitting at ALL for a boy haha

That reason is actually what led me to these forums to begin with! I found so much help and guidance and at first I was very very nervous I was going to hurt him. But after researching sufficiently (I even found scientific articles for veterinary school students/veterinarians/etc) I decided to try it. However, without the help of threads like this I would have never had the confidence or the practical knowledge to be able to successfully sex him.

I did exactly what was earlier said, try one day and if you aren't confident, wait until the next. I'm happy to say on my second try I successfully popped him (he's an '08 baby) and found how easy it is!

I completely understand why people would be wary of widely accepting novices attempting to pop/probe their own snakes. What if everyone on this forum had not warned against the risks of injuring your snakes? What if the general consensus was every novice should try this technique? There would be a disastrous amount of stories found of people actually injuring their snakes, and then would blame this community for so widely accepting it!

Thankfully, that is not the case as everyone here seems to be knowledgeable and exhibit a good amount of common sense. With the amount of info I found here, even I, a first time owner, could learn the practice. HOWEVER It is COMPLETELY intelligent of ANYONE on this forum (even those who are not veteran herp owners) to warn against doing ANYTHING to your snake without becoming properly accustomed and researching well enough to be confident you will not hurt your animal.

In any case, THANK YOU to everyone who is supportive and productive, even in their own ways.

That said, it is the job of the reader to take anything read on the internet with a grain of salt.

P.S. Josh, you=awesomesauce

Let's not all go off and try to report him too...not that we would, but they are going to have enough to go through with his invalid reporting anyways...I have sent them a simple email with the link to this thread so that they may review it themselves.

Wayne, you are welcome...I thought it would be cool to get a nice closeup shot of the hemipenes and get it up here for reference. If no one has a pic of a female then I will just have to make sure that the Anery I get is one...(to go with Crush the Amel...I decided to start with makin' some nice simple Snows...in a few years ofcourse:) ) and I will get a pic up of the female...or ANDREW!!!!
LORD ANDREW, THE KNIGHTS OF THIS ROUND FORUM SENTENCE YOU TO THE TASK SET FORTH IN THIS TEXT:

I have gotten a bunch of young females. I should try it and see what happens. I know Christine could take the pic. I'm probably going to check out Kathy's site and watch the video's just to make sure, I don't mess up. But, like you have said numerous times, you won't know till you try it.

It's gonna be a few days though. Tonight was feeding night.

Wayne

Andrew, I'm so glad to hear that none of your babies pooped on you this time. :p I just fed Zinn last night so no popping practice (that sounds bad lol) for at least four days. I don't want to get pooped on or make him regurge. :(

I know I was so excited that I had a poop free popping! I admit that I was expecting to be pooped on...(always expect the worst, eh?) but was pleasantly surprised when my hands were clean at the end! I had to try mine tonight since I'm feeding tomorrow and don't want to risk a regurge or being pooped on either!

If no one has a pic of a female then I will just have to make sure that the Anery I get is one...(to go with Crush the Amel...I decided to start with makin' some nice simple Snows...in a few years ofcourse:) ) and I will get a pic up of the female...or ANDREW!!!!

Haha ok Josh I will try my hardest to! I have to get someone over here first to take the pictures, but I will definitely see what I can do!

.....sooo....back to the original subject at hand shall we? lol

I'm a first time snake owner, and I only have 1 corn I bought at a Petco...where obviously they do not sex their snakes, nor sell by gender. I was so curious as to what sex Ringo is that I looked up how to sex snakes, or whether it is too risky to do as a novice and to find a vet/breeder. How am I to name my snake without knowing what sex it is?! I was GOING to name him Pixie Dust...not fitting at ALL for a boy haha

That reason is actually what led me to these forums to begin with! I found so much help and guidance and at first I was very very nervous I was going to hurt him. But after researching sufficiently (I even found scientific articles for veterinary school students/veterinarians/etc) I decided to try it. However, without the help of threads like this I would have never had the confidence or the practical knowledge to be able to successfully sex him.

I did exactly what was earlier said, try one day and if you aren't confident, wait until the next. I'm happy to say on my second try I successfully popped him (he's an '08 baby) and found how easy it is!

I completely understand why people would be wary of widely accepting novices attempting to pop/probe their own snakes. What if everyone on this forum had not warned against the risks of injuring your snakes? What if the general consensus was every novice should try this technique? There would be a disastrous amount of stories found of people actually injuring their snakes, and then would blame this community for so widely accepting it!

Thankfully, that is not the case as everyone here seems to be knowledgeable and exhibit a good amount of common sense. With the amount of info I found here, even I, a first time owner, could learn the practice. HOWEVER It is COMPLETELY intelligent of ANYONE on this forum (even those who are not veteran herp owners) to warn against doing ANYTHING to your snake without becoming properly accustomed and researching well enough to be confident you will not hurt your animal.

In any case, THANK YOU to everyone who is supportive and productive, even in their own ways.

That said, it is the job of the reader to take anything read on the internet with a grain of salt.

P.S. Josh, you=awesomesauce

Kathy Love at Cornutopia.com has a great snake popping video that could help you. You may want to check that out.

Wayne

LOL that was supposed to be a compliment

Urbandictionary.com's definition:

Awesomesauce n. Something that is more awesome than awesome. It is a modifyer of your basic awesome into a more awesome version.

hehe <33

That's cool!! It's just you left the door opened for that one. Plus I owed josh for earlier in the thread.. LOL!!

Awesomesauce I like! Rep to you because that is freaking hilarious! Friend Request sent :) And I am sorry the facts and help got clouded there for a bit...but congratulations on popping your snake...and I am glad you read the original post where I did state that there are risks, and I don't wanna hear about "oh I hurt my snake...yadda yadda".... :)

Very nice to meet you...I shall call you Cflip until you tell me a name :)
And I commend you on an excellent name for your Corn! I think my next male will be "Jude"...however my female can't be Lucy...that is my daughter's name :)
11-23-08032.jpg

Back