• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Misting or moist hide?

Unless you have a problem shed to begin with, I wouldn't bother. Mine get a humid hide if their last shed gave them trouble, but it's rarely necessary. Does depend on your local conditions though - plus aircon can dry out a room.

I'm really just gonna second bitsy here. Unless you have a problem, or an exceptionally dry climate, neither misting nor moist hide should be required. A cheap hygrometer can help ease your mind a lot.

Now opinion time. If it is exceptionally dry in your home, and you had to choose between the two, I'd personally recommend a proper moist hide during times of shedding. Misting improperly can lead to bacterial build up and increase chances of a respiratory infection or scale rot from moisture build up. The advantage of the hide is it's cleanable, and temporary during shed times. Just my two cents.

I found that wetting a cloth dish towel (wring it out well) and putting it over your viv raises the humidity to help prevent bad sheds. You will have to wet it daily, but it does help.

Back